Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 9:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 10 Running Slow
Windows 10 Running Slow
Like most everyone else I upgraded to Windows 10 when it became available. Lately it seems to be running slower and slower and is becoming frustrating to work with. I searched a few suggestions online to see if there were any fixes for this. Here's some that I found....

Any suggestions?

"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
RE: Windows 10 Running Slow
How often do you reboot?
(December 29, 2016 at 11:52 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: How often do you reboot?

Not too often.

Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
Microsoft Bloatware !!

Panic Panic Panic
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(December 29, 2016 at 12:03 pm)A Theist Wrote:
(December 29, 2016 at 11:52 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: How often do you reboot?

Not too often.

As an experiment, reboot daily for a few days. I have to reboot my beast at two day intervals to keep it uncluttered.
Too much pr0n, clearly.

Windows 10 has undoubtedly slowed my laptop down as well. It also crashes about once a week. 8.1 ran perfectly. I wish I didn't upgrade, it's had nothing but problems since.
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
Download CCleaner and use it weekly. Defrag once a month- Auslogics is a nice one because you can set it to shut down when it's done, so you can start it before you go to bed. And seriously: shut down your system at least every couple of days. Not restart; shut down. Let it get some rest!
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
I really do not like the Windows 10 interface. It seems to go against the whole zeitgeist of MicroSoft which is business oriented. Someone once said that Bill Gates made a machine to do your taxes on while Steve Jobs made on to play the Beatles. Windows 10 doesn't seem like the workhorse I feel it should be. It's moving toward the general consumer/home user which, to me, undermines its whole reason for being. IMHO
(December 29, 2016 at 1:06 pm)The_Empress Wrote: Download CCleaner and use it weekly. Defrag once a month- Auslogics is a nice one because you can set it to shut down when it's done, so you can start it before you go to bed. And seriously: shut down your system at least every couple of days. Not restart; shut down. Let it get some rest!

I hardly use my pc, actually. I mostly use my IPhone. When I use my pc, as now, I shut it down after every use. I'm going to check out CCleaner, though.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Windows defender has, once again, incorrectly identified my program as malware! FlatAssembler 36 717 February 22, 2024 at 9:29 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Will quantum computers slow our Internet down? FlatAssembler 5 449 November 16, 2023 at 3:42 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  [Serious] Windows Movie Maker Help T.J. 6 682 November 29, 2021 at 1:46 pm
Last Post: AniKoferBo
  Windows Security plus Win 11 Oldandeasilyconfused 2 340 November 25, 2021 at 5:33 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  Windows 11. Install it; Yes/ No/Wait Oldandeasilyconfused 24 2131 November 10, 2021 at 10:52 am
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Windows 11? Angrboda 29 2248 September 23, 2021 at 8:24 pm
Last Post: no one
  Anybody ever run Windows 10 on server hardware? popeyespappy 1 527 November 6, 2019 at 11:58 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Why isn't Android more serious contender to Windows? Fake Messiah 8 861 June 20, 2019 at 6:21 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Getting a Windows 98 game to run on modern windows vulcanlogician 23 2137 January 19, 2019 at 7:09 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  HELP! The Page Breaks in All My Documents Have Disappeared in Windows 2013 Rhondazvous 18 3812 January 9, 2018 at 8:44 pm
Last Post: Mermaid