Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: 20th February 2017, 04:46

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 10 Running Slow
Windows 10 Running Slow
Like most everyone else I upgraded to Windows 10 when it became available. Lately it seems to be running slower and slower and is becoming frustrating to work with. I searched a few suggestions online to see if there were any fixes for this. Here's some that I found....

Any suggestions?

"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
RE: Windows 10 Running Slow
How often do you reboot?
(29th December 2016, 11:52)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: How often do you reboot?

Not too often.

Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
Microsoft Bloatware !!

Panic Panic Panic
If any email controversy impacted the election, it wasn't Russian hacking of the DNC and  John Podesta's email, it was Hillary Clinton's decision to have her own email server and the subsequent FBI investigation which raised all the same  questions  Hillary Clinton has justifiably faced for decades about her trustworthiness and honesty.

(29th December 2016, 12:03)A Theist Wrote:
(29th December 2016, 11:52)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: How often do you reboot?

Not too often.

As an experiment, reboot daily for a few days. I have to reboot my beast at two day intervals to keep it uncluttered.
Too much pr0n, clearly.
If it ain't broke, mod it 'til it is.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/
Windows 10 has undoubtedly slowed my laptop down as well. It also crashes about once a week. 8.1 ran perfectly. I wish I didn't upgrade, it's had nothing but problems since.
"When life begins, we are tender and weak.
When life ends, we are stiff and rigid.
All things, including the grass and the trees,
Are soft and pliable in life, dry and brittle in death.
So the soft and supple are the companions of life,
Whilst the stiff and unyielding are the companions of death.
An army that cannot yield will be defeated.
A tree that cannot bend will crack in the wind.
Thus, by nature's own decree,
The hard and strong are defeated,
Whilst the soft and gentle are triumphant."

-Lao-tzu

Download CCleaner and use it weekly. Defrag once a month- Auslogics is a nice one because you can set it to shut down when it's done, so you can start it before you go to bed. And seriously: shut down your system at least every couple of days. Not restart; shut down. Let it get some rest!
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
I really do not like the Windows 10 interface. It seems to go against the whole zeitgeist of MicroSoft which is business oriented. Someone once said that Bill Gates made a machine to do your taxes on while Steve Jobs made on to play the Beatles. Windows 10 doesn't seem like the workhorse I feel it should be. It's moving toward the general consumer/home user which, to me, undermines its whole reason for being. IMHO
(29th December 2016, 13:06)The_Empress Wrote: Download CCleaner and use it weekly. Defrag once a month- Auslogics is a nice one because you can set it to shut down when it's done, so you can start it before you go to bed. And seriously: shut down your system at least every couple of days. Not restart; shut down. Let it get some rest!

I hardly use my pc, actually. I mostly use my IPhone. When I use my pc, as now, I shut it down after every use. I'm going to check out CCleaner, though.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Groove Music vs Windows media player paulpablo 1 233 11th November 2016, 15:25
Last Post: Moros Synackaon
  New Windows 10 udpate. Jehanne 7 491 15th August 2016, 22:24
Last Post: Jehanne
  Fucking Windows 8/8.1 Alasdair Ham 143 3677 20th July 2016, 02:32
Last Post: Excited Penguin
  Any free PDF editors for Windows 10? KevinM1 14 577 18th July 2016, 08:44
Last Post: Gawdzilla
  Windows 10 mouse unresponsive Sterben 9 743 7th June 2016, 02:10
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Windows 10 A Theist 205 18083 14th March 2016, 03:11
Last Post: Maelstrom
Information Windows OEM "Licensing" Aractus 1 369 3rd February 2016, 05:37
Last Post: ignoramus
  Windows 8 update: Touchscreen mode without touchscreen Metis 7 914 25th June 2015, 00:05
Last Post: The Gentleman Bastard
  Windows 10 to be free upgrade for Windows 7 and 8.1 pocaracas 75 7228 1st June 2015, 21:05
Last Post: ignoramus
  Windows 10 free upgrade ignoramus 10 1282 1st June 2015, 13:28
Last Post: Minimalist