Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:27 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy 150th Birthday Canada
Happy 150th Birthday Canada
150 years today and she doesn't look a day over 50
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

RE: Happy 150th Birthday Canada
still has that 'new country' smell too . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

You can send back our defectors now. We will welcome them with open arms.

Where is my tuque?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(January 1, 2017 at 3:15 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: You can send back our defectors now. We will welcome them with open arms.

Where is my tuque?

Trust me we have tried

Look behind the Chesterfield
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

I'm waiting for the official apology before I believe this.

(January 1, 2017 at 3:15 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: You can send back our defectors now. We will welcome them with open arms.

Where is my tuque?

That's "toque" in Canadian.
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
(January 2, 2017 at 2:09 pm)Chas Wrote:

Where is my tuque?

That's "toque" in Canadian.

"Tuque is the preferred Canadian spelling of the knitted cap worn in winter.": http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/h...-1.2455217

Just be happy that I didn't spell it "took". I farely illitterate. 
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Thank you, Winnipeg, for that radio station I used to listen to when I lived in Grand Forks, ND. You did a better job of covering the important news in my country than the U.S. news outlets available to me. And since this period of my life coincided with your own constitutional crisis (Quebec), thanks for keeping me informed about that, as well. We heard fuck all about it down here.
Thank you, Canadia, for a mythical place to run away to.  I;m grown up now, I know you don;t exist, but you got me through hard times.

Wink
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(January 1, 2017 at 5:03 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: I'm waiting for the official apology before I believe this.

<official_apology>Sorry.</official_apology>

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Happy Canada Day 2023 The Architect Of Fate 11 628 July 2, 2023 at 4:41 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Happy Canada Day 2022 The Architect Of Fate 17 1175 July 11, 2022 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Canada Election Day !!! The Architect Of Fate 18 1054 October 7, 2021 at 5:02 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Happy Canada Day !!! The Architect Of Fate 19 1370 July 2, 2021 at 11:13 am
Last Post: AkiraTheViking
  Saudi Arabia freezes Canada trade ties, recalls envoy WinterHold 5 645 August 6, 2018 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Happy Canada Day 2018 Amarok 21 2633 July 2, 2018 at 5:14 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Canada- another van kills 7 so far ignoramus 36 5045 April 25, 2018 at 12:12 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  What Is Happening In Canada Amarok 8 1277 March 4, 2018 at 11:36 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Step it up, Canada John V 7 1878 September 1, 2017 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Happy Canada Day Amarok 11 3116 July 2, 2017 at 2:24 am
Last Post: Amarok