Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 12:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yo
Yo
Howdy. I'm a combination of bored and opinionated so hopefully I won't ruffle feathers too much, at least not in the wrong direction. I watch tons of youtube stuff by guys like AronRa, Matt Dillahunty, Seth Andrews and others, trying to construct as complete a model of as perfect of an argument against faith as possible. It didn't occur to me til recently to seek out a place like this to try and get more perspectives but I'm glad it was so simple to get a good result on google for a forum like this. I made it a point to click on this one, the .org version, rather than a .com version with the same name.

I'm looking forward to having discussions and seeing new ideas. Smile
Religions were invented to impress and dupe illiterate, superstitious stone-age peasants. So in this modern, enlightened age of information, what's your excuse? Or are you saying with all your advantages, you were still tricked as easily as those early humans?

---

There is no better way to convey the least amount of information in the greatest amount of words than to try explaining your religious views.
RE: Yo
welcome to the forum !
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Hey there, welcome!

I've found most people here are welcoming of all opinions as long as they are presented politely/constructively.

You've come to the right place for ideas about addressing "faith"! We've got them coming out of every orifice.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
I'm ruffling my feathers right now just for you. Welcome though!
(January 1, 2017 at 11:40 am)robvalue Wrote: Hey there, welcome!

I've found most people here are welcoming of all opinions as long as they are presented politely/constructively.

You've come to the right place for ideas about addressing "faith"! We've got them coming out of every orifice.

Muchas gracias, friend, that was a very prompt reply. I got a little tired of feeling like, as many faithful, I was in an echo chamber. I needed to get some exposure to the other side of the argument from a first-person perspective so I can see how adept I've become at tackling arguments. I hope it doesn't end up as intolerable as watching the theist side of debates on youtube where it's so dishonest and ignorant it makes me physically ill.
Religions were invented to impress and dupe illiterate, superstitious stone-age peasants. So in this modern, enlightened age of information, what's your excuse? Or are you saying with all your advantages, you were still tricked as easily as those early humans?

---

There is no better way to convey the least amount of information in the greatest amount of words than to try explaining your religious views.
Quote:I'm a combination of bored and opinionated so hopefully I won't ruffle feathers too much, at least not in the wrong direction.

Hmm....  great potential here.

Welcome aboard.
LOL, thanks. Really kicking myself for not looking a place like this up sooner.

---

Howdy.

Yo Ma. Spread your legs.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
LOL. I'll pass on that last bit, but at least my mind is open and it doesn't have to spread anything to get that way.

---

(January 1, 2017 at 11:33 am)Astonished Wrote: Howdy. I'm a combination of bored and opinionated so hopefully I won't ruffle feathers too much, at least not in the wrong direction. I watch tons of youtube stuff by guys like AronRa, Matt Dillahunty, Seth Andrews and others, trying to construct as complete a model of as perfect of an argument against faith as possible. It didn't occur to me til recently to seek out a place like this to try and get more perspectives but I'm glad it was so simple to get a good result on google for a forum like this. I made it a point to click on this one, the .org version, rather than a .com version with the same name.

I'm looking forward to having discussions and seeing new ideas. Smile

Opinions are like arseholes.
Once ones firmly in there its very hard to dislodge.

I think I 've just found my new sig.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.