Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 7:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why's it so difficult for some to accept Obama was a good president
Why's it so difficult for some to accept Obama was a good president
And just so you know, I voted for Romney in 2012, but Obama was clearly the better choice. He's created 11 million jobs throughout his presidency and the economy is headed in the right direction. Not to mention gas is cheap as heck right now! I don't understand what's so hard in admitting he did a good job?

[Image: 1r95y6.gif]

[Image: 1rb9xg.gif]
RE: Why's it so difficult for some to accept Obama was a good president
Because he was black.
It requires acknowledging that the opposing party may do some good, which is anathema to most American politicians.

He has been one of the better presidents, and I think people do like him as he's coming out. He's above 50%, with people liking him. He is a bit of a corporatist, and didn't fight as hard to pull the spectrum back as I'd have liked but he was much better than Bush, and I'm certain he'll be better than Trump.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

The problem with Democrats is that they don't capitalize on power when they have it, and they are awful at public relations. IMHO: that's been Obama's worst quality. He worried too much about how he looked to people that hated him regardless of what he did, instead of focusing on accomplishing the agenda at hand.

But forget about the presidency. Democrats need to focus and gaining more control within the congress, and not worry about the WH so much - we won't have it for four years. Trump is not going to deliver on his promises and when he doesn't, the Democrats have to capitalize on the public disappointment. But if history is any indicator, they'll play nice and let the GOP walk all over them and the public.
From what I gather, they're hiring Clinton staffers to try to beat Trump. You know, the people who already failed to beat him. The DNC still has its head up its butt. I hope the Bernie wing of the party is able to take over, and win. That's their only hope.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(January 10, 2017 at 11:01 pm)It_Was_me Wrote: And just so you know, I voted for Romney in 2012, but Obama was clearly the better choice. He's created 11 million jobs throughout his presidency and the economy is headed in the right direction. Not to mention gas is cheap as heck right now! I don't understand what's so hard in admitting he did a good job?

From a left-wing or a right-wing perspective?

Because from a Left-wing perspective, people are likely to take issue with the fact that, not only did he not do enough to rein in the increasingly batshit wing of the Republican Party (turning rabid by his mere existence), but he furthered a depressing amount of the bullshit that George W. Bush started (particularly the Iraq/Afghanistan Wars and the Patriot Act), though not really escalating it like some presidents [LBJ and Nixon], not helped by the fact that Obamacare was really a neutered version of the sort of universal health care that every single other developed nation enjoys.

From a Right-wing perspective, he doesn't need to actually do anything to be considered a bad president. He just has to be in office and profess to beliefs that are just to the left of Mussolini and they'll treat him like he's the goddam Antichrist, even if he does things that they'd wholeheartedly support if a Republican was in the White House.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(January 10, 2017 at 11:01 pm)It_Was_me Wrote: And just so you know, I voted for Romney in 2012, but Obama was clearly the better choice. He's created 11 million jobs throughout his presidency and the economy is headed in the right direction. Not to mention gas is cheap as heck right now! I don't understand what's so hard in admitting he did a good job?

I love when people bring up gas prices and the president. The president doesn't have anything to do with gas prices and probably less to do with jobs then you'd think too.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
I don't know a lot about American politics, but Obama seems like a great president to me.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(January 11, 2017 at 2:36 am)CapnAwesome Wrote:

I love when people bring up gas prices and the president. The president doesn't have anything to do with gas prices and probably less to do with jobs then you'd think too.

It's a shame the Trumpeteers don't seem able to absorb the latter point you've made.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which nonpolitician could be president? Fake Messiah 8 860 January 16, 2023 at 11:29 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  You think people who hate Queen Elizabeth 2 is same reason MAGA people hated Obama Woah0 13 1198 December 20, 2022 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Kuchma, the president of Ukraine Interaktive 5 858 June 10, 2022 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: Interaktive
  Donald Trump is the best American president that USA has ever had Edge92 21 1596 June 4, 2021 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  has Biden done a good job as president? Drich 400 22988 May 23, 2021 at 8:40 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  President Biden Foxaèr 74 4675 December 6, 2020 at 1:55 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Justice Obama? BrianSoddingBoru4 33 1440 August 26, 2020 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Michelle Obama Crushes It BrianSoddingBoru4 32 1472 August 19, 2020 at 11:00 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Kanye West 2020 President Raino921 40 1886 August 5, 2020 at 12:16 am
Last Post: Dundee
  President Zelensky and the Withheld Funds Haipule 16 1228 January 27, 2020 at 9:13 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate