Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 4:28 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Galileo was wrong, the Church was right
Galileo was wrong, the Church was right
Wow. Just... wow:

Galileo was wrong, the Church was right.

Quote:Galileo Was Wrong is a detailed and comprehensive treatment of the scientific evidence supporting Geocentrism, the academic belief that the Earth is immobile in the center of the universe. Garnering scientific information from physics, astrophysics, astronomy and other sciences, Galileo Was Wrong shows that the debate between Galileo and the Catholic Church was much more than a difference of opinion about the interpretation of Scripture.

Scientific evidence available to us within the last 100 years that was not available during Galileo's confrontation shows that the Church's position on the immobility of the Earth is not only scientifically supportable, but it is the most stable model of the universe and the one which best answers all the evidence we see in the cosmos.

“Society is not a disease, it is a disaster. What a stupid miracle that one can live in it.” ~ E.M. Cioran
RE: Galileo was wrong, the Church was right
Hmm the drs had degrees in theology and religious studies, not cosmology, funny that.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

I cry for the future of humanity, for truly the lunatics have taken over the asylum.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
Rolleyes
(September 12, 2010 at 7:47 am)Zen Badger Wrote: I cry for the future of humanity, for truly the lunatics have taken over the asylum.

Meh. I think it's more likely that the smart people will succeed than the stupid ones.

They've got the numbers, but there isn't a numerical advantage that can't theoretically be overcome with some smarts.
(September 12, 2010 at 7:48 am)lrh9 Wrote: Meh. I think it's more likely that the smart people will succeed than the stupid ones.

They've got the numbers, but there isn't a numerical advantage that can't theoretically be overcome with some smarts.

This is beyond mere stupidity, this is a serious and calculated attempt to discredit scientific endevour.

Every week space agencies around the globe launch spacecraft into orbit and on to other planets using orbital trajectories based on heliocentricism.

Hundreds of years of observation have confirmed that the sun is the centre of the solar system.

Not even the creationists would think to suggest otherwise.

Yet these two imbecilic,brain dead,micro-encephalic morons seriously claim otherwise????

And furthermore, claim to have evidence???

What's next? the sky is a crystal sphere with little holes for the stars?
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
ROFLOLROFLOLROFLOLROFLOL

Only in America!!!

ROFLOLROFLOLROFLOLROFLOL

Seems any idiot can get a doctorate now and proclaim his wisdom as fact....oooh hang on that would be a politician???
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
This is the world we live in.
(September 12, 2010 at 8:31 am)lrh9 Wrote: This is the world we live in.

Wink Shades

Oh you puir wee thing!!!

Angel Cloud
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Quote:Hmm the drs had degrees in theology and religious studies, not cosmology, funny that.

They arent theologians, they are fundamentist Americans. No serious theologian would argue against Galileo (Yes, Paradic, I understand this is a logical fallacy, however, if any theologian does believe the church was right, they should loose their degree in theology and get medication)
Its ok to have doubt, just dont let that doubt become the answers.

You dont hate God, you hate the church game.

"God is not what you imagine or what you think you understand. If you understand you have failed." Saint Augustine

Your mind works very simply: you are either trying to find out what are God's laws in order to follow them; or you are trying to outsmart Him. -Martin H. Fischer
(September 12, 2010 at 9:23 am)solja247 Wrote: Get medication.

I'm all for people with crazy ideas getting some medical help. You next.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please do correct me if I am getting this wrong. Brian37 6 857 July 8, 2022 at 10:07 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Did Hubble can it wrong? little_monkey 24 3730 November 4, 2014 at 7:48 pm
Last Post: Surgenator
  Was Newton wrong? little_monkey 7 2533 May 31, 2013 at 1:14 am
Last Post: Colanth