Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 12:42 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Food binges when I'm sitting around the house.
Food binges when I'm sitting around the house.
Anyone know a good remedy for food cravings? When I have a reason to leave the house during the day, I do fine when it comes to hunger, but on days when I'm just sitting around the house it's like I can't go 3-4 hours without needing a fair amount of food. I don't know what to do, but it's cutting into my limited food budget. Mostly in things that don't need much prep time before they're edible.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

RE: Food binges when I'm sitting around the house.
head out to McDonalds and binge there
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Pickled beets: Packed with vitamins and minerals. Savory, sweet AND sour. 
Squashes food craving in an exciting burst of nutritious deliciousness.

[Image: beets-for-blog.jpg]
(January 15, 2017 at 8:06 pm)Chad32 Wrote: Anyone know a good remedy for food cravings? When I have a reason to leave the house during the day, I do fine when it comes to hunger, but on days when I'm just sitting around the house it's like I can't go 3-4 hours without needing a fair amount of food. I don't know what to do, but it's cutting into my limited food budget. Mostly in things that don't need much prep time before they're edible.

I had the same problem. I stopped keeping convenience foods in the house last summer, and that's worked pretty well.

I've also found when I'm more physically active I binge eat a lot less - and it does less damage when I do.
Pound down liquids, stretch out the stomach. H20 will work, but I like some flavor and do lite chicken broth, about 32 oz's in 5 min.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Thanks for the suggestions. What kind of container would pickled beets come in? They look good, but I'm not sure where to find them in the store.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Do you do your grocery shopping once a week? If so, make sure you are good and full when you go, and buy only the amount of food you want to have yourself eat. It's kinda hard to snack/binge eat while sitting around the house when you don't have a lot of food available in the first place.

Another big one is to drink plenty of water. Sometimes when you're craving something to munch on, you're really just thirsty without realizing it.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(January 15, 2017 at 9:06 pm)Thena323 Wrote: [Image: beets-for-blog.jpg]

[Image: puke.gif]
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(January 15, 2017 at 9:22 pm)Chad32 Wrote: Thanks for the suggestions. What kind of container would pickled beets come in? They look good, but I'm not sure where to find them in the store.

My guess would be probably the same isle as the pickles.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
stuff your face with veg.  Make sure you don't eat three chocolate bars while preparing the veg though like I did today.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A PhD with food stamps? Jehanne 6 849 April 18, 2022 at 3:58 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Cultural Appropriation and Food Goosebump 15 1173 June 6, 2021 at 11:11 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Silly food. Gawdzilla Sama 19 1054 December 22, 2020 at 9:01 am
Last Post: brewer
  "Institution" and food shows. Brian37 17 1024 February 17, 2020 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Why I hate food critics.... Brian37 23 2850 January 21, 2020 at 10:14 am
Last Post: tackattack
  Song Thread About Food/Drink BrianSoddingBoru4 16 1370 May 23, 2019 at 11:05 pm
Last Post: Draconic Aiur
  Company that sold me my house is.... Brian37 18 1350 November 28, 2018 at 1:20 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Hanging out at a friends house last night. Brian37 45 4668 November 26, 2018 at 9:44 am
Last Post: Cod
  Federal Judge Orders White House To Temporarily Restore Press Access To Jim Acosta A Theist 120 10576 November 19, 2018 at 8:40 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  Ran into another Food Nazi just now. Brian37 31 2819 July 31, 2018 at 10:15 am
Last Post: Angrboda