Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 7:41 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do far right Christian-Conservatives want to put Jesus in schools
Anyways, I was reading some comments on Facebook which is always a gold mine of crazy. And someone woman was saying that we need to put prayer back in school and teach creationism and other things like that. She also thinks that schools should have to have a mass or some kind of church ceremony every day before school and students should be required to go.  She ALSO is convinced that the United States is a Christian country.

[Image: 1r95y6.gif]

[Image: 1rb9xg.gif]
RE: Why do far right Christian-Conservatives want to put Jesus in schools
Because they are fucking stupid.

We need a little more of Neil de Grasse Tyson and a lot less of Drumpf and his jesus freak fuckheads.

[Image: our-four-year-mission-make-america-smart...274828.png]
They crave the authority that they lost through vast and repeated ineptitude.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
It's typical human nature, unfortunately. They are convinced that they are right. It doesn't matter how much evidence points to the opposite. In their minds they are right, so they push that on everyone else. Same reason we have been going to war over religion for centuries. They have "faith" in what they believe, so they defend and push that belief on everyone else. It's no different than Muslim pushing their beliefs. Religion is violence regardless of what the religion teaches. It's because humans are violent. Most of us believe what we believe excuse it has been studied and given evidence by science. Christians have the convenience of Satan to blame for science. They say that science is simply a trick the devil uses against people. Unfortunately, there is probably another war coming. A war against religion and truth. We all know that to poison children's minds with this garbage is wrong, but that is how religionists are created. Thy are brainwashed at an early age. They want to continue that form of brainwashing. It is an effective method of ensuring those beliefs
Pro
I always love it when some fucktard in Louisiana wants more religion in schools and then when some muslim comes forward says "Ah didn' mean that....."
It's because Christians generally "think" that you can not be a good person if you don't believe that some carpenter walked on water and rose from dead 2000 years ago. Not just good person, but also their nationality in countries that are mostly Christian. And the only way to become Christian is if you're pressed into it as a child.
Also if you don't believe that he walked on water you'll go to hell and be tortured forever, which - according to them - is the worst thing that can happen to you and Christians would do anything to stop you from getting in that position.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
To expand their cult.
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
Totalitarian religions lead to totalitarian societies.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

What cannot be accomplished with reason, they try to ensure through government.

Religion is big on targeting the vulnerable, and children are the most vulnerable of us. This kind of thing has long lasting effects, which makes it all the more sinister. Even more dangerous than some terrorist in a plane, as such a thing would cause immediate backlash. But passing a law to put prayer in school, and dumping religion into the classrooms, is an easier pill to swallow.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did Jesus want to create a poli-theism religion? Eclectic 83 6185 December 18, 2022 at 7:54 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Right of freedom of religion should not be a human right Macoleco 19 1557 May 26, 2021 at 1:10 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  Enough of this crap, I want to hear directly from god Foxaèr 82 5622 December 22, 2020 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: Prycejosh1987
  If there is a God(s) it/they clearly don't want us to believe in them, no? Duty 12 1402 April 5, 2020 at 8:36 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  If you're pro-life, how far do you take that? robvalue 147 13679 August 10, 2018 at 4:07 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Again??? This is why Jesus keeps well away Cyberman 25 5137 September 18, 2017 at 3:04 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Why can't Christians accept the fact that Hitler was a Christian NuclearEnergy 118 16667 April 18, 2017 at 4:49 pm
Last Post: YahwehIsTheWay
  Why Jesus is not the messiah. Creed of Heresy 59 13900 December 30, 2016 at 5:27 pm
Last Post: Egyptian
Thumbs Down Why I Don't Want To Be An Atheist ThePrick 189 17635 November 4, 2016 at 1:58 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  What I love, What I hate, What I want, What I believe. WinterHold 9 1625 July 18, 2016 at 5:52 am
Last Post: Aoi Magi