Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 5:46 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So when the GOP replaces the ACA with their own version will it "be the best ever">
So when the GOP replaces the ACA with their own version will it "be the best ever">
Because you know...Republicans created it. There's some great things to the ACA and some not so great things. I just don't get why these fools aren't wanting to work on the current one to make it better. Oh wait, they want to erase everything Obama did because he was...well....BLACK!!! I imagine the GOP version of health care reform will be a huge disaster and many will be screwed over by it. But I'm sure the idiotic Trump base will say it's the best thing ever.

[Image: 1r95y6.gif]

[Image: 1rb9xg.gif]
(January 16, 2017 at 1:10 am)It_Was_me Wrote: Oh wait, they want to erase everything Obama did because he was...well....BLACK!!!

Only half of it.
RE: So when the GOP replaces the ACA with their own version will it "be the best ...
(January 16, 2017 at 2:32 am)KUSA Wrote:
(January 16, 2017 at 1:10 am)It_Was_me Wrote: Oh wait, they want to erase everything Obama did because he was...well....BLACK!!!

Only half of it.

True..  To many republicans half black is much worse than all black.

“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
RE: So when the GOP replaces the ACA with their own version will it "be the best ...
Trump has many times supported single payer health insurance to cover everyone and even proposed a tax on the wealthy to help pay for it.
http://ijr.com/2016/02/537107-5-times-do...ealthcare/

Leaving aside the fact that Trump is a pathological liar, IF he did try to bring universal govt run health insurance I think I would die laughing at the republican party. I can already see Trump tweeting "Medicare for all US citizens" and claiming he solved the problem. The republicans stupidly opposed a conservative solution to controlling healthcare costs and could end up with a liberal solution that they actually didn't want at all. And furthermore, THEY are the ones who convinced Trump and conservative voters that their own idea was terrible. ROFL, the irony!

I can't see real universal coverage ever happening in the US but the idiots have painted themselves into a corner by demonizing the only idea they ever had just because a democrat implemented it. Best guess is that they will just make a few meaningless tweaks to the ACA and repackage it under a new name.
If god was real he wouldn't need middle men to explain his wants or do his bidding.
The sad fact is that among supposedly advanced nations the US is the only one which has not figured out how to deliver medical care to its citizens on a consistent basis.  Now this is one of two things.  Either we are fucking stupid or the bribes paid by the medical industry to congressmen are sufficient to keep them from worrying that they look stupid.
(January 16, 2017 at 1:42 pm)Minimalist Wrote: The sad fact is that among supposedly advanced nations the US is the only one which has not figured out how to deliver medical care to its citizens on a consistent basis.  Now this is one of two things.  Either we are fucking stupid or the bribes paid by the medical industry to congressmen are sufficient to keep them from worrying that they look stupid.

I think that ideology can make smart people believe demonstrably false ideas. In the USA conservatives have completely ignored demonstrable market failures that apply to health insurance such as adverse selection. This is completely ignored in service to the idea that the free market can solve every problem even though economics itself never makes this claim and the empirical evidence shows otherwise. 

Even the bribes you mention are encouraged by the ideological idea that "money is speech" and that "corporations are people". Both silly notions that guarantee the corrosive influence of money in politics and were accepted by very smart people on the supreme court who were only thinking ideologically with no concern for the real world consequences. 

The interesting question to me is how did the USA become so immune to pragmatism? Is it the two party system that pushes everyone to extremes? Is it the fact that there appears to be no time limit on elections and you're always campaigning therefore always appealing to ideology?
If god was real he wouldn't need middle men to explain his wants or do his bidding.
RE: So when the GOP replaces the ACA with their own version will it "be the best ever">
The ACA is substantially the republican plan as gestated by the Heritage Foundation, christened by Newt Gingrich, and enacted by Mitt Romney in the state of Massachusetts.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(January 16, 2017 at 11:46 pm)Crunchy Wrote: The interesting question to me is how did the USA become so immune to pragmatism? Is it the two party system that pushes everyone to extremes? Is it the fact that there appears to be no time limit on elections and you're always campaigning therefore always appealing to ideology?

I think it was the rise of Limbaugh, his ilk, and then the manifestation of Fox News. 

The foisting of overly simplistic ideology upon the unsophisticated, coupled with the assignment of blame and the complete demonization of anything not firmly planted in far-right thinking, which occurred every single day, month after month, year after year, and now coming up on 3 decades has spawned this surreal idiocy that causes people to vote against their best interests.

Just listen to Limbaugh for an hour and you will hear the same shit repeated over and over and over. Democrats are inept, stupid, and they hate America. But they have an animal-like cunning too, which is what makes them appealing to stupid, and let's face it, inferior minorities who have been bamboozled by the cunning animals. 

The hypocrisy, dishonesty, misrepresentations, twists, and obfuscations are breathtaking. 

The two party system functioned fine for a long time because despite being misguided, behind the times, what-have-you, the component of what's best for the country was there in both parties. But it isn't anymore. One party has wrecked the two party system's ability to function effectively, but  that's been brought on by the voters who take in all the bullshit they hear every day on TV and radio.
RE: So when the GOP replaces the ACA with their own version will it "be the best ever">
GOP will replace "ObamaCare" with "ACA", because that's how republicans do.

Medicare for all will just remain a dream
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

My insurance went from $390 a month to $850. Option two was $1400 a month. I no longer have health insurance. So , I say fuck the ACA . Either version.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Absurd GOP Foxaèr 2098 129252 April 21, 2024 at 10:12 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  2024 GOP hopeful Vivek Ramaswamy proposes raising voting age to 25 LinuxGal 11 1017 August 20, 2023 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Yet Another GOP Dumpster Fire Of A Human Being BrianSoddingBoru4 139 10007 July 23, 2022 at 4:20 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  So what is GOP's plan for the new wave of newborns? Fake Messiah 43 2831 June 30, 2022 at 9:11 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  GOP's stranglehold on Cuban-American's vote. Brian37 19 1466 August 22, 2021 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Donald Trump is the best American president that USA has ever had Edge92 21 1724 June 4, 2021 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Are religions that preach inequality for women and gays, traitors to their country? Greatest I am 129 5631 February 8, 2021 at 9:26 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  Let’s take their guns BrokenQuill92 141 9847 November 22, 2020 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What do you think all these GOP senators get in return for brown nosing Trump? A Godzilla fan 15 1625 September 30, 2019 at 11:52 am
Last Post: A Godzilla fan
  The GOP, wtf happened? A Godzilla fan 6 1124 July 21, 2019 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: Amarok