Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 12:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
True story about local PBS programming.
True story about local PBS programming.
I do bitch alot, but it is really because I see all 7 billion of us as the same species. But at the same time it is good to have a laugh.

My X is Japanese and Japan I loved visiting so yea, a bit biased. So the other night I woke up being 50, prostate ball sack dropping b/c of age, fucking had to pee, couldn't go back to sleep. So I am flipping through the channels of crap, and hit a local PBS station with a Japanese newscast. Not strictly Japan, but covered Asia too, hosted in Tokyo.

So they do stories of all sorts of things, natural disasters, jobs issues, and even last night, the difficult job of telling your elderly parents they should not be driving anymore. I love watching news from other countries because it reminds me we are not a separate species. 

Having said that, and not that I mind because I think diversity everywhere is great. Ok, so one story Japanese anchor, another story Japanese reporter out in the field, story after story then BAM, they toss to weather and a PASTY WHITE BLOND AMERICAN GUY!........... Trust me I didn't mind, but it did strike me as funny, not in a bad way. 

I really do see that as a good thing, but I guess I laughed knowing our planet didn't have the mass amounts of media when I was growing up like we do today.
RE: True story about local PBS programming.
Chip Gale with the weather, lol.  What did he call himself?  I had a favorite back in the day.  Reginold Browntree.  He became dealer slang.  Reginold Browntree with the 411 on a bag of twigs was how you inquired about the price of a bag of regs over the phone, lol.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My cab driver...... True story today.... Brian37 4 365 February 22, 2019 at 5:19 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  The sun: A story of pure brightness. Edwardo Piet 3 311 December 11, 2017 at 11:08 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  True story, but guess what I was thinking... Brian37 7 905 December 4, 2017 at 3:17 pm
  A Story of Fish Haipule 8 897 November 15, 2017 at 2:41 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  The True Tale of How Jesus Christ Got His Name Edwardo Piet 9 1201 October 15, 2017 at 5:08 pm
  PBS Independent Lens: The Last Laugh vorlon13 5 845 May 5, 2017 at 10:48 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Playing with words and a news story. Brian37 6 1003 April 17, 2017 at 3:53 pm
  The Spirit of St. Louis: A Short Story In Five Parts Mudhammam 1 1038 September 12, 2016 at 11:37 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam
  I Wish This Wasn't So True Minimalist 0 460 September 7, 2016 at 8:04 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  My conversion story Alex K 23 3068 August 28, 2016 at 6:11 pm
Last Post: Gemini