Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:01 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sessions: Secularists Unfit For Government
Sessions: Secularists Unfit For Government
It has been reported that Jeff Sessions, Trump's nominee for Attorney General, had stated back in Nov. 14, 2014, upon accepting an award from Right Wing extremist (Dominionist) David Horrowitz, said:

“Ultimately, freedom of speech is about ascertaining the truth,” Sessions, an Alabama Republican, told Horowitz’s audience on Nov. 14, 2014. “And if you don’t believe there’s a truth, you don’t believe in truth, if you’re an utter secularist, then how do we operate this government? How can we form a democracy of the kind I think you and I believe in… I do believe that we are a nation that, without God, there is no truth, and it’s all about power, ideology, advancement, agenda, not doing the public service.”

(Source: The Daily Beast http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/20...nment.html)

This is a prime example of Dominionist theocrats maligning people, good people, who do not profess any religion. Mark my words! Once Dominionists gain power they will legislate against the Secularist community. We must not allow that to happen. As far as I am concerned, this, along with his racism, makes Sessions unfit to hold any office in this land.

We have seen what religionists have done with government. They have no scruples.
"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."--Thomas Jefferson
RE: Sessions: Secularists Unfit For Government
And, given the person in question, this is surprising how?

Boy, I never thought I would get nostalgic feeling over Shrub's administration.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Considering how poorly schooled in Christerism Trump is, one might think he could start his proselytization tour with him.

And how sincere is Sessions belief if he can't be bothered to clean up his immediate surroundings ?
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

If he was serious that would quite literally be unconstitutional. But I don't think we have any atheists in congress either. It's so important that our leaders be like the average person, which usually means professing belief while rarely praying or reading their holy book or going to Church. But their faith comes out when they make sure they vote for politicians that won't stand for the murder of zygotes.
What do you expect from a Klansman?

[Image: Klan-Red-Riders-Jesus-Saves-photo-small.jpeg]
Why do these people think god has anything to do with democracy. The guy they worship is a totalitarian dictator. He doesn't give a shit about your opinions, so don't evoke the bible when talking about free speech.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

They really hate it when you tell them that jesus was on the other side during the revolution, too.  Nothing xtians liked more than "the divine right of kings."
(January 18, 2017 at 10:38 pm)Minimalist Wrote: They really hate it when you tell them that jesus was on the other side during the revolution, too.  Nothing xtians liked more than "the divine right of kings."

The association between Jesus and the U.S. was always strange to me, considering we're much more like the Roman Empire than anyone since... the Roman Empire. How did Jesus feel about the Romans again?
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
"Render unto Caesar....."

Jesus was something of a rat.
(January 18, 2017 at 10:59 pm)Aegon Wrote:
(January 18, 2017 at 10:38 pm)Minimalist Wrote: They really hate it when you tell them that jesus was on the other side during the revolution, too.  Nothing xtians liked more than "the divine right of kings."

The association between Jesus and the U.S. was always strange to me, considering we're much more like the Roman Empire than anyone since... the Roman Empire. How did Jesus feel about the Romans again?

Well, the association is with the heretical apostle Paul retconned Jesus, not the real Jewish Jesus that Jesus claimed to be.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Founding fathers view of government Won2blv 38 2285 March 21, 2021 at 11:48 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  The greatest FU to the government this 4th of July Foxaèr 10 1214 June 15, 2020 at 8:35 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  A Good Time For A Government Shutdown TwoKnives99 18 2295 November 19, 2018 at 12:25 am
Last Post: tackattack
  Sessions is out as AG RobbyPants 30 2237 November 10, 2018 at 7:53 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  This Will Piss Off Sessions Minimalist 0 365 May 14, 2018 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Government workers that promote AA Bahana 16 2226 April 7, 2018 at 10:53 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  This is Funny Coming From A Rebel Klansman Like Sessions Minimalist 51 6250 March 14, 2018 at 4:30 pm
Last Post: Lek
  Why does it have to be government vs market? Aegon 15 2991 December 30, 2017 at 11:47 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Government By A Fragile Ego Minimalist 11 2937 August 23, 2017 at 6:36 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  More stupid from Sessions: "gay people aren't protected from discrimination Foxaèr 10 4984 July 27, 2017 at 12:36 pm
Last Post: brewer