Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 5:02 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our Mission
Our Mission
The following is my own essay. I wrote this on December 8, 2016, and I take full responsibility for my ideas and stand by my position.

Our Mission

My fellow Progressives and Secularists. The election of Donald Trump has now brought before us a situation in which our Republic is now faced
with its greatest danger: the implementation of a Fascist Christian State. By January of 2017 we will now have before us a Republican controlled
Congress and a Republican controlled Presidency. Though we have in the past had a Republican controlled government, what is unique about this
present situation is that this upcoming Republican controlled government is infested with Dominionist led Conservatism.

We should all now be familiar with the Dominionists. Dominionist Christianity is an ideology within the Conservative body politic that is informed
by Christian Reconstructionism, which was founded by Rousas John Rushdoony. Ever since the late 1960s, Conservatives, with Dominionists behind
the scenes, have sought to replace democracy with theocracy. As anyone who is familiar with the current President-elect's choices for his Cabinet,
more than a few Dominionists will hold positions of power within the upcoming new government. They seek to turn America back to a time before
many Progressive reforms have taken place. In many ways, their vision of America is one in which America as the Beaver Family Values never
really existed. Those of us who are old enough to remember when there was blatant racism and the days of Segregation and the Era of Jim Crow
and religious intolerance understand that those were not safe times for anyone who was different from the considered norm. And gays were not
the only people who sought refuge in a closet, afraid to admit to anyone that they had sexual preferences to pair with the same gender. To also
admit that you had no belief in a "Supreme Being" was to sign your death warrant. The America in which the current Conservative movement
fantasizes over were not joyful times for everyone, nor was it safe.

Mark my words, we are now heading into dangerous times. Policies will be enacted that will cause great harm to the wider public, even to those
who voted for Donald Trump. Only then will the Trumpsters understand that they put faith in a liar and a con man, if they have a brain. American
Conservatism is a very dangerous political ideology. It is married to the religious fanaticism of Dominionism, and soon will be in control of the
government of what should be We The People; we will be entering a period of the establishment of American Christian Fascism as public policy,
domestic policy and foreign policy, and it will all be done in the name of the Christian God. For the past 40 to 50 years, the Right Wing has slowly
been chipping away at the First Amendment clause of the separation of government from religion. Starting in 2017 it will push on in full force.

My fellow Progressives and Secularists. Make no mistake, if you understand nothing else then you better had understand this: we are now faced
with an existential threat. We must face this threat head on and with great force of opposition. We have no other choice than to engage ourselves
in war. And I do not mean a symbolic war or a namby-pamby response to work with an opposition that seeks to destroy us. The Dominionists have
not made it a secret that they will kill, even in a government sponsored program, those who they find undesirable and beyond their god's will.
One-third of Americans, so-called Americans (for they truly are traitors), desire a theocracy over a secular republic. Make no mistake. You can
never have peace and unity with a segment of a population that wishes to destroy and murder you. You can only have war with them. Remember
what happened in Germany during WWII. Remember what Pol Pot did in Cambodia. Remember what Idi Amin did in Uganda. The same can happen
here in America. We must defend ourselves.

My fellow Progressives and Secularists, remember this as you consider my words: the Right Wing has their militias of gun-toting mad-dog ideologues,
who are willing to kill anyone they perceive as a threat. The time has come for us Progressives/Secularists to organize our own militias. The time
has come to steel ourselves and engage in Realpolitik. Do not think over long on this fact. Time is growing short. Inauguration Day is just around
the corner. This is now our mission.
"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."--Thomas Jefferson
RE: Our Mission
Which of these?

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/militia
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
[Image: c7c87e3749ee7958aed8f38e0507ac8f.jpg]

Lock and load
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Quote:the Right Wing has their militias of gun-toting mad-dog ideologues,

I like to call them Drumpfucks.... or Les Deplorables.
[Image: tumblr_mhz7hhUWBi1rwy7yjo1_250.gif]
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
They don't get it, yet. 
Go ahead. Show them.

[Image: 4a7cf28f5bd149c1e205a35037d0fe22.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mission Accomplished! Minimalist 34 3859 June 13, 2014 at 10:06 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Tragic Details Emerge on SEAL Team 6's Fatal Rescue Mission Judas BentHer 12 3815 August 8, 2011 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: Judas BentHer