Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 10:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are Christians obsessed with Gay people?
Why are Christians obsessed with Gay people?
No, really.  I mean it seems they're obsessed with them.  They like to blame them on natural disasters, on terrorist attacks.  This goes back before gay marriage too.  gays were blamed for 9/11.   One christian I knew blamed gays for Trump being in the white house because it's 'god's punishment'.  For all the other sins out there, none get quite the same attention gay people do.  The level of hatred for them by some Christians is just... out there.  Is it because they need a group to hate, and it's not popular to hate black people anymore?  I don't get the obsession, really. 

I mean you don't see NEAR the vitrol for people who've divorced... or cheated on their spouse.  They hold people like that up in high esteem.  (As long as they're on their side of course).  Or for murderers even.  Another Christian I know said that H.H. Holmes could get to heaven--but a gay person couldn't.
The whole tone of Church teaching in regard to woman is, to the last degree, contemptuous and degrading. - Elizabeth Cady Stanton
RE: Why are Christians obsessed with Gay people?
-insecure
-sexually suppressed
-sexually oppressed
-sexually deprived
-sheep
-gay
-bullies
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
I don't entirely get where it all starts from. Hatred grows more in larger groups, though. It's easier to be encouraged when you have the support of everyone around you. It's also easy to be blind to something you aren't exposed to.
I guess they have biblical justification for their dislike of gay people. (Of course they'll say they hate the sin, not the sinner. Which is why so many of them don't even want to do business with them! You're on your fifth marriage? Sure Jesus specifically talked about divorce, but hey! That's great. I'll bake your sixth wedding cake when this one doesn't work out. You want to marry someone of the same sex?! WHOA THERE! Not supporting that!)

Their marriages aren't "REAL MARRIAGE" because marriage is between a man and a woman (and his second wife, and third, and fourth, and fifth and... so on and so on)

Some of course have tried to move on to transgenders, because it's becoming less popular to hate gay people.

And it's always 'god's punishing us because of gay people!" never because of drugs... murderers.. thieves.... the fact that we don't take care of the poor and needy... it's always gay people. Apparently god could care less if you exterminate 6 million people.... but if you allow gay people to get married... watch out! Nevermind that other countries allow gay marriage and do just fine!
The whole tone of Church teaching in regard to woman is, to the last degree, contemptuous and degrading. - Elizabeth Cady Stanton
(January 20, 2017 at 11:11 pm)Cecelia Wrote: No, really.  I mean it seems they're obsessed with them.  They like to blame them on natural disasters, on terrorist attacks.  This goes back before gay marriage too.  gays were blamed for 9/11.   One christian I knew blamed gays for Trump being in the white house because it's 'god's punishment'.  For all the other sins out there, none get quite the same attention gay people do.  The level of hatred for them by some Christians is just... out there.  Is it because they need a group to hate, and it's not popular to hate black people anymore?  I don't get the obsession, really. 

I mean you don't see NEAR the vitrol for people who've divorced... or cheated on their spouse.  They hold people like that up in high esteem.  (As long as they're on their side of course).  Or for murderers even.  Another Christian I know said that H.H. Holmes could get to heaven--but a gay person couldn't.

That is not a Christian monopoly, the rejection of LGBT is actually a majority word wide issue throughout our species history. Iran like Russia will arrest you for being open,  and even Japan is just now getting around to having it's first prefecture or "state" allow it. I am quite sure that China and India to a great degree also frown upon it.

Our species in general have a stupid religious view of sexuality, even in Buddhism and Hinduism. Our species in antiquity falsely equated male as better than female rather than simply one attribute as part of evolution. That ignorance of antiquity, worldwide, lead humans to falsely equate gender roles to a patriarchal mindset. Most humans then, and far too many humans now, think that the three prong power wire has to match the wall socket. Modern science now knows that procreation in making offspring is also 1 aspect of human sexuality, but not the only. Sexual contact is a form of social bonding, not  strictly about reproduction. Even heterosexuals have sex for fun without any intent on having a kid. But homosexual bigotry is not a monopoly owned by Christianity. Unfortunately most of the world's population is stuck in the past.
They're secretly frightened that they might think dick is tasty.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Those would be some strange Christians then. No one I know of has said gays are responsible for terrorist attacks, natural disasters, or a trump presidency lol. Can't say I've ever even heard that before.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(January 20, 2017 at 11:52 pm)Stimbo Wrote: They're secretly frightened that they might think dick is tasty.

But straight guys like pegging so... there's that
(January 21, 2017 at 12:00 am)Catholic_Lady Wrote: Those would be some strange Christians then. No one I know of has said gays are responsible for terrorist attacks, natural disasters, or a trump presidency lol. Can't say I've ever even heard that before.

Really? I was a Christian once upon a time and I heard it plenty along with the famous,"God will punish us like he did with Sodom and Gomorah because of their perversion." Silly Christians.
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
Christ never mentioned the subject, so I'm maintaining His actual followers do not raise the issue either.

They are too busy being better and more observant Jews, just like Jesus ordered.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The People of Light vs The People of Darkness Leonardo17 2 523 October 27, 2023 at 7:55 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  [Serious] For former Christians only, why did you leave your faith? Jehanne 159 12412 January 16, 2023 at 7:36 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Video #2 Why bad things happen to Good people. Drich 13 1639 January 6, 2020 at 11:05 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Friggin' religious dudes, man - obsessed with policing the Vag. Figbash 1 649 June 7, 2019 at 3:49 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 7586 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
  Why are Christians so full of hate? I_am_not_mafia 183 16877 October 18, 2018 at 7:50 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Another reason why Christians go to church Alexmahone 40 4677 August 20, 2018 at 10:35 am
Last Post: Cod
  Christians: Can you see why atheists don't buy this stuff? vulcanlogician 49 3857 August 19, 2018 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Why don't we have people named Jesus? Alexmahone 28 5307 April 5, 2018 at 8:17 pm
Last Post: Jenny A
  Christians: Why does the answer have to be god? IanHulett 67 14808 April 5, 2018 at 3:33 pm