Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 6:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Podcasts
Podcasts
Do you have any favorite audio podcasts on atheism or skepticism?
RE: Podcasts
(January 22, 2017 at 10:45 am)phoenix31 Wrote: Do you have any favorite audio podcasts on atheism or skepticism?

The infinite monkey cage a radio 4 podcast.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

I used to listen to half a dozen skeptical podcasts, including running one, but I've pretty much given up because all of them started including politics more than skepticism or religion.
There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide mankind that cannot be achieved as well or better through secular means.
Bitch at my blog! Follow me on Twitter! Subscribe to my YouTube channel!
The Thinking Atheist and Skeptics Guide to the Universe are my faves.

Also Dogma Debate.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
It's not a favorite of mine, but there's also the Non-Prophets. Their conversations make me groan often enough though.

In close proximity to them, there's the Godless Bitches. They haven't aired the show in a long time, though. I'm not sure if they'll be returning.

The others I had in mind have already been listed here.
The Skeptics Guide to the Universe gets the top spot, especially the current lineup with Cara Santa Maria who adds an extra dose of science and communication savvy. I've been a fan since not too long after the beginning (I started listening just before Perry died).

If you like it ridiculously offensive yet insightful and incredibly creative at the same time, there's the trifecta of "Scathing Atheist", "Godawful Movies" and "Skepticrat", all by the same people and at times their wives.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

At this stage I find podcasts dedicated strictly towards atheism boring as fuck.

The podcasts I like that bring up religion and have a non religious/skeptic opinion in general are...

Anything with Stefan Molyneux. Joe Rogan. Ricky Gervais. Joe Rogan and Ricky Gervais share a similar circle of associates and I usually like anything to do with them aswell.

With Joe Rogan it depends who he's talking to a lot of the time as to how much into religion he goes but he rarely goes through a podcast without mentioning something to do with it.

Even when he had Jon Jones as a guest (one of the best UFC fighters ever) he was talking to him about his Christian themed tattoo and how it actually says in the bible to not tattoo yourself.  Jon didn't have a good come back as to why he has the tattoo.

Other ones more specifically related to religion would be his interviews with Louis Theroux and Neil Degrasse Tyson.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

(January 22, 2017 at 7:05 pm)paulpablo Wrote: At this stage I find podcasts dedicated strictly towards atheism boring as fuck.

This. I've listened to a few, but they're usually different levels of groan-worthy.
(January 22, 2017 at 7:07 pm)Jesster Wrote:
(January 22, 2017 at 7:05 pm)paulpablo Wrote: At this stage I find podcasts dedicated strictly towards atheist boring as fuck.

This. I've listened to a few, but they're usually different levels of groan-worthy.

I meant to put atheism.  Getting quoted before you edit the text, just one of those first world problems you have to deal with.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

(January 22, 2017 at 7:09 pm)paulpablo Wrote:
(January 22, 2017 at 7:07 pm)Jesster Wrote: This. I've listened to a few, but they're usually different levels of groan-worthy.

I meant to put atheism.  Getting quoted before you edit the text, just one of those first world problems you have to deal with.

I understand. I will edit my post to reflect your edits. Wink