Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 9:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alternative facts
Video 
Alternative facts
I was watching this live as it happened yesterday morning:

When I stopped laughing I called my wife into the room so she could see the moment that the defining description of the Trump administration was uttered. 

A big THANK YOU to Kellyanne!  Alt facts for the Alt right!
If god was real he wouldn't need middle men to explain his wants or do his bidding.
RE: Alternative facts
That moment, just before Kellyanne utters the phrase, is priceless. She looks like she's choking on a chicken bone. Yeah, she's an opportunistic she-devil who went to work for Trump after working for the Cruz campaign, but there must be some limit beyond which she's in danger of her head exploding. I can only think of three reasons she might be able to get through a typical day: power-obsessed sociopath, closet alcoholic, or both.
(January 23, 2017 at 12:38 pm)Crossless1 Wrote: That moment, just before Kellyanne utters the phrase, is priceless. She looks like she's choking on a chicken bone. Yeah, she's an opportunistic she-devil who went to work for Trump after working for the Cruz campaign, but there must be some limit beyond which she's in danger of her head exploding. I can only think of three reasons she might be able to get through a typical day: power-obsessed sociopath, closet alcoholic, or both.

Have you considered stockholm syndrome?
If god was real he wouldn't need middle men to explain his wants or do his bidding.
I can't tell whether it's just her or if it's because she's the embodiment of the stupidity of the American people, but every time I see her I get that same overwhelming urge to punch her in the face that I get with George W. I think if she ever answers a question directly, we can assume the apocalypse isn't far behind.

Yes, when you've sold a large portion of the electorate an alternative reality, you have to make up alternative facts. But now I think she's just trying to see how much bullshit she can get people to buy for the hell of it. "Lol, let's see how stupid our followers can be!"
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
At the risk of appearing to evaluate her in the way Trump does women, does anyone else think she looks a little like a former meth addict?
(January 23, 2017 at 1:16 pm)Whateverist Wrote: At the risk of appearing to evaluate her in the way Trump does women, does anyone else think she looks a little like a former meth addict?

If you had to work for Donald Trump, wouldn't you be doing Meth all the time?
I'd pay good money to hear the pillow talk in the Conway home at the end of a work day.
(January 23, 2017 at 1:22 pm)Crossless1 Wrote: I'd pay good money to hear the pillow talk in the Conway home at the end of a work day.

"Oh you're so big!"

"You're not just telling me that because it's what I want to hear... is it?  It's not like... an alternative fact like the ones you give your boss?"
(January 23, 2017 at 1:25 pm)Divinity Wrote:
(January 23, 2017 at 1:22 pm)Crossless1 Wrote: I'd pay good money to hear the pillow talk in the Conway home at the end of a work day.

"Oh you're so big!"

"You're not just telling me that because it's what I want to hear... is it?  It's not like... an alternative fact like the ones you give your boss?"

"Of course they're your children, dear. What a thing to ask!"
(January 23, 2017 at 1:31 pm)Crossless1 Wrote: "Of course they're your children, dear. What a thing to ask!"

"Well they look kind of Orange... and now that I think about it..."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why People Ignore Facts (Gun Control) Jade-Green Stone 22 1643 December 5, 2018 at 9:03 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Theoretical Alternative to Capital Punishment AFTT47 13 1872 June 4, 2018 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  Facts Are For Other People Minimalist 8 857 March 29, 2017 at 5:51 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Why Facts Don’t Change Our Minds Zenith 19 3422 March 7, 2017 at 11:51 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  The alternative to the living wage. Heywood 46 10113 May 20, 2014 at 10:16 am
Last Post: Heywood
  Fun Bible Facts II YahwehIsTheWay 21 6739 June 9, 2012 at 3:07 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  RIP Facts 360BC - 2012 KichigaiNeko 1 1363 April 23, 2012 at 6:30 pm
Last Post: Tea Earl Grey Hot