Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 4:15 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guys do you believe Howard Storm's NDE?
Guys do you believe Howard Storm's NDE?
This is a man who apparently used to be an atheist, but then during his NDE he was tortured in hell until he called out to Jesus. He was a former arts prof so in his NDE he saw 80 new primary colours, and he was able to predict world events in the future. He became a priest afterwards. What do you guys think, assuming he was not lying about his experience?
RE: Guys do you believe Howard Storm's NDE?
Delusion.
Dying to live, living to die.
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

You'll summons it!!! ?
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
What is it with that Howard Storm that it's worth a second helping. We had that before and I only remember because I always read it as Howard Stern. I don't know any Howard Storm and frankly, I don't give a fuck what he thinks.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
I believe is about as much as I believe alien abductees. Sure, they could be telling the truth about what they think they experienced. That doesn't mean it actually happened the way they think it did, though.
My previous answer to you on Islam and NDEs covers this topic as well. I don't believe Howard Storm's "experience" represents an existing reality. It was nothing but a dream dregded up by his brain during the time he was out. (And it's worth noting that his brain was never in danger of lacking the things it needed to function normally. [see below])

Wikipedia Wrote:In June 1985, Storm took a group of his students on a field trip to Europe. After returning to his Paris hotel room with his wife around 11:00 a.m. from a morning excursion, he had a sudden onset of severe abdominal pain. He was evaluated at a Paris hospital and diagnosed with a duodenal perforation, which required surgery. The soonest a surgeon could perform this procedure was around 9:00 p.m. that day. As he lay waiting for surgery, he believed he was going to die due to the severity of his pain and so mentally prepared himself for death. After saying goodbye to his wife, he eventually passed out.

https://atheistforums.org/thread-47325-p...pid1492901
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(January 24, 2017 at 8:58 pm)Jesster Wrote: I believe is about as much as I believe alien abductees. Sure, they could be telling the truth about what they think they experienced. That doesn't mean it actually happened the way they think it did, though.

But those alien abductees have enlarged sphincters to prove it?! Big Grin
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(January 24, 2017 at 9:04 pm)ignoramus Wrote:
(January 24, 2017 at 8:58 pm)Jesster Wrote: I believe is about as much as I believe alien abductees. Sure, they could be telling the truth about what they think they experienced. That doesn't mean it actually happened the way they think it did, though.

That is impressive evidence. It's very difficult to enlarge your sphincter to the size of your own head. Only aliens could have accomplished that.
80 new primary colors? Show me.

There will inevitably be a catch of some sort.
(January 24, 2017 at 9:04 pm)ignoramus Wrote:

You're mistaking alien abductees with pretty boys in prison and choirboys...
Dying to live, living to die.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How many of you atheists believe in the Big Bang Theory? Authari 95 4130 January 8, 2024 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Quick Poll - Do you believe in God? Tiberius 1632 448090 May 13, 2023 at 3:34 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Standing up to family for what you believe in Tomatoshadow2 30 2248 May 4, 2022 at 9:20 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Why do you not believe in the concept of a God? johndoe122931 110 7831 June 19, 2021 at 12:21 pm
Last Post: Mermaid
Lightbulb Here is why you should believe in God. R00tKiT 112 12888 April 11, 2020 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Here’s Why You SHOULDN’T Believe In God BrianSoddingBoru4 46 3908 April 5, 2020 at 8:03 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  NDE and afterlife joe90 32 3677 April 7, 2019 at 7:09 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Have You Guys... Icy 26 3739 July 22, 2018 at 11:39 pm
Last Post: Astreja
  These guys make me sick Manowar 23 7833 July 8, 2017 at 10:24 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  I fear hell, and this article made things worse for me. What do you guys think? arda101 26 4622 February 5, 2017 at 7:38 am
Last Post: Autolite