Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 14, 2024, 11:15 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the new job
the new job
Bunnings is huge hardware chain

My 1 day of employment ,

So after landing my new job as a Bunnings greeter, a good
find for many retirees, I lasted less than a day......
About two hours into my first day on the job a very loud, unattractive, mean-acting woman walked into the store with her two kids, yelling obscenities at them all the way through the entrance.

As I had been instructed, I said pleasantly, 'Good morning and welcome to Bunnings.
Nice children you have there. Are they twins?' The ugly woman stopped yelling long enough to say, 'Hell no, they ain't twins. The oldest one's 9, and the other one's 7.
Why the hell would you think they're twins? Are you blind, or just stupid?'

So I replied, 'I'm neither blind nor stupid, Ma'am, I just couldn't believe someone shagged you twice.. .
Have a good day and thank you for shopping at Bunnings'

My supervisor said I probably wasn't cut out for this line of work

RE: the new job
Heheheh... I love cocky store greeters, they make my day!
Epic.
You could have worked at Walmart, Pad, but John McCain already got the job.

[Image: mccain-walmart-greeter-1-1.jpg?w=446&h=472]
(September 14, 2010 at 11:21 pm)padraic Wrote: Bunnings is huge hardware chain

My 1 day of employment ,

So after landing my new job as a Bunnings greeter, a good
find for many retirees, I lasted less than a day......
About two hours into my first day on the job a very loud, unattractive, mean-acting woman walked into the store with her two kids, yelling obscenities at them all the way through the entrance.

As I had been instructed, I said pleasantly, 'Good morning and welcome to Bunnings.
Nice children you have there. Are they twins?' The ugly woman stopped yelling long enough to say, 'Hell no, they ain't twins. The oldest one's 9, and the other one's 7.
Why the hell would you think they're twins? Are you blind, or just stupid?'

So I replied, 'I'm neither blind nor stupid, Ma'am, I just couldn't believe someone shagged you twice.. .
Have a good day and thank you for shopping at Bunnings'

My supervisor said I probably wasn't cut out for this line of work

YOU ARE MY HERO!
Quote:"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. "
Martin Luther King, Jr.
Oh, forgot to kudo... Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Things not to say on a job interview. Brian37 42 1954 March 7, 2021 at 10:29 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Do you have a cool job title? ignoramus 29 1755 May 27, 2018 at 12:43 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  The Hill Kellyanne con job Trump/women Brian37 0 454 June 30, 2017 at 10:33 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Destruction of the Death star an inside job? downbeatplumb 3 1196 March 20, 2013 at 5:44 pm
Last Post: Gooders1002
  Job Stress Minimalist 0 760 February 18, 2011 at 1:16 pm
Last Post: Minimalist