Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 10:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steve Bannon - press should shut up
Steve Bannon - press should shut up
Nice to see a real friend of Freedom of the press. Well, I guess he didn't mean Breitbart.

Quote:WASHINGTON — Stephen K. Bannon, President Trump’s chief White House strategist, laced into the American press during an interview on Wednesday evening, arguing that news organizations had been “humiliated” by an election outcome few anticipated, and repeatedly describing the media as “the opposition party” of the current administration.

“The media should be embarrassed and humiliated and keep its mouth shut and just listen for a while,” Mr. Bannon said during a telephone call.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/26/busin...media.html
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
RE: Steve Bannon - press should shut up
(January 26, 2017 at 7:27 pm)abaris Wrote: Nice to see a real friend of Freedom of the press. Well, I guess he didn't mean Breitbart.

Quote:WASHINGTON — Stephen K. Bannon, President Trump’s chief White House strategist, laced into the American press during an interview on Wednesday evening, arguing that news organizations had been “humiliated” by an election outcome few anticipated, and repeatedly describing the media as “the opposition party” of the current administration.

“The media should be embarrassed and humiliated and keep its mouth shut and just listen for a while,” Mr. Bannon said during a telephone call.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/26/busin...media.html

I guess that's more alternative facts
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

This is fucking getting unreal. The press should shut up? The press??

If he weren't such an egomaniacal twat, I'd almost think Trump is deliberately trying to spark enough outrage that he can resign with the claim that his enemies are making his job impossible.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(January 26, 2017 at 7:55 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: This is fucking getting unreal.  The press should shut up?  The press??

If he weren't such an egomaniacal twat, I'd almost think Trump is deliberately trying to spark enough outrage that he can resign with the claim that his enemies are making his job impossible.  

Boru

That was one of the notions about his candidacy--that it was a publicity stunt that would garner him a bunch of attention and help promote his brand. This motherfucker isn't going anywhere until he's forcibly removed.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bannon behind bars accused of fraud. Brian37 28 1404 August 21, 2020 at 10:22 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Bannon needs a whaaaambulance! Brian37 15 1594 September 30, 2018 at 4:03 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  I take 45s comments Press personally OP/ED Brian37 44 7346 July 2, 2018 at 7:26 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  This Is Why We Need A Free Press Minimalist 3 485 February 1, 2018 at 5:08 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Steve Bannon out at Breitbart. c172 10 1109 January 10, 2018 at 12:23 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Bannon Will Have To Work On Breitbart's Math Skills Minimalist 7 1426 August 20, 2017 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Bannon = out Jackalope 32 6120 August 19, 2017 at 1:22 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  The free press should be concerned.......Op/ed Brian37 16 4962 May 30, 2017 at 7:46 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  So Much For Freedom Of The Press Minimalist 18 3014 July 6, 2016 at 11:51 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Larry Wilmore @ WH press dinner, FUNNY SHIT. Brian37 0 532 May 1, 2016 at 9:19 am
Last Post: Brian37