Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 1:31 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Found out we had some Oblivion players.
Found out we had some Oblivion players.
Thought I'd make this thread for our Elder Scrolls Oblivion players.

theVOID informed me of this total conversion that I am eager to try:

http://www.nehrim.de/indexEV.html

A total conversion is a data file for Oblivion that provides a different game using the Oblivion engine.

It certainly seems interesting and well done.

Right now I'm working on creating my own mod pack of my preferred Oblivion mods. I intend to make a gameplay video highlighting the different features once I gather the files and get them working together. I'll upload it.

I won't be able to distribute the mod pack publicly, but I might upload it as anonymous torrent or if you request it I will privately transfer it to you to try out.

I'm working around a base of FCOM Convergence.

Other than that, let's discuss Oblivion.
RE: Found out we had some Oblivion players.
I've got Oblivion together with Bioshock (the first one) for the Xbox 360. Looks quite nice, but I got bored with it. I can see however how a game like that attracts a large loyal player base, it is very well executed.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
You probably need to be smoking weed or taking psychedelics Leo, that's what i do and the levels of immersiveness can just be mindblowing Smile

Fallout 3 is equally awesome, i actually preferred it and can't wait for New Vagas.

Nephrim looks cool, i'm downloading it at the moment.
Even I have to admit that the original Oblivion can become boring and repetitive, but a lot of the mods out there attempt to fix that.

We were talking about Better Cities. It is a mod that completely rearranges the layout of cities. I'll try not to spoil it too much for anyone, but the Imperial City Market District gets two stories.

I'm checking out Unique Landscapes and it purports to transform a lot of Oblivion terrain from the generic rolling hills, mounds, and rocks into unique locations with impressive features. I think one even has a waterfall.

Another mod that might make for more dynamic and interesting play is Companion Share and Recruit. It permits the player to recruit all friendly NPCs and to modify their inventories. You could have your own adventuring party.
Of course, I responded without reflecting upon the content of previous posts. If you have the game for the 360 you cannot use mods as far as I know. My sympathies and condolences to you.
My sympathies to anyone who owns a console Wink
Hey. I was wondering if anyone could help me find a little mod. I've forgotten what it is called, but it is a mod that bypasses the 'How many?' prompt when you hold shift or ctrl when buying, selling, picking up, or dropping items.

It was a great mod. Uses OBSE.
Found it.

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=12859
(September 15, 2010 at 4:44 pm)theVOID Wrote: My sympathies to anyone who owns a console Wink

No need. I had a great PC that I built myself specifically for gaming and in 2 years I had used it perhaps 4 times, once just to play youtube videos on my plasma TV. So I ended up giving that PC to my father so he could use Photoshop properly. The console I use at least.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Son, I am disappoint.
I tried it on 360, couldn't get into it.

The best RGP (And probably best game) I ever played on my 360 is fallout 3 though. Fucking love that game.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Had my first Magic: The Gathering games yesterday: Any advice for newbie? ReptilianPeon 18 3380 May 10, 2016 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Faith No More
  Any Hearthstone players 'round here? Esquilax 35 4011 July 24, 2015 at 9:15 pm
Last Post: Salacious B. Crumb
  Calling AtheistForums.org Poker Players NoMoreFaith 24 7579 June 12, 2012 at 11:16 am
Last Post: WhatIfGodWasJustAMyth
  Any LOTRO Players? Gooders1002 9 2627 February 11, 2012 at 4:43 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  HELP PLEASE! Quick question for any card collectors or players tackattack 4 2085 September 19, 2010 at 7:39 am
Last Post: tackattack