Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 2:04 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Walls
Walls
Closing the door to refugees. Walling off our southern neighbors. There is meanness in our land.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

RE: Walls
Sausages.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

(January 28, 2017 at 9:06 am)chimp3 Wrote: There is meanness in our land.

There's meanness in every land. It just happens that the US catering to it's most primitive instincts is far more dangerous than any other country doing the same. There's precedence. Poland, Hungary, the Philippines of course, Turkey, Russia and to a certain extent the UK.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Do you really think putting up a wall to keep out illegal immigrants from Mexico is mean? Or just stupid?
(January 28, 2017 at 9:20 am)paulpablo Wrote: Sausages.

Considering sausages...have you noticed how immigration increases the options for tasty meat treats. My mother is Syrian. I much prefer dolmah and kibbeh to Jimmy Dean pork grease tubes.

(January 28, 2017 at 10:40 am)phoenix31 Wrote: Do you really think putting up a wall to keep out illegal immigrants from Mexico is mean? Or just stupid?

Mean.They are our neighbors. A good neighbor would help them solve the root causes of their emigration problems. Americans can quit buying so much cocaine instead of walling off poor people. The dope will still come in through tunnels right under the wall.Besides, I think even the illegals have enriched our culture.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

(January 28, 2017 at 10:42 am)chimp3 Wrote: The dope will still come in through tunnels right under the wall.Besides, I think even the illegals have enriched our culture.

The dope is airborne or comes by ship. It's not as if organised crime would be hindered by a wall.

As for illegals, it's stupid nationalism, plain and simple. It doesn't take into account that they're an important economical as well as fiscal factor and that the US, same as Europe, are aging societies. Someone has to provide the fresh blood to keep the living standards from dropping.

Idiots like Trump or his European brethren in spirit, don't take that into account. It's probably worse in Europe with our elaborate social security system. If society gets older, someone has to pay into the pot to provide for an ever growing number of senior citizens.
(January 28, 2017 at 10:42 am)chimp3 Wrote:
(January 28, 2017 at 10:40 am)phoenix31 Wrote: Do you really think putting up a wall to keep out illegal immigrants from Mexico is mean? Or just stupid?

Mean.They are our neighbors. A good neighbor would help them solve the root causes of their emigration problems. Americans can quit buying so much cocaine instead of walling off poor people. The dope will still come in through tunnels right under the wall.Besides, I think even the illegals have enriched our culture.

Do you also think the American laws that they should only enter the country legally are mean? I'm curious. I definitely believe cultures can be enriched by exposure to other cultures but it makes sense to me that that should happen according to the current laws.

China built a wall, and you never hear about Mexicans illegally entering their country.  Lightbulb
Just heard on the radio that Mexicans have been leaving the US. The numbers have been steadily dropping since 2007.
The wall is actually stopping them from leaving! Good one Mr Trump.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(January 28, 2017 at 2:07 pm)ignoramus Wrote: Just heard on the radio that Mexicans have been leaving the US. The numbers have been steadily dropping since 2007.
The wall is actually stopping them from leaving!  Good one Mr Trump.

Yes, I heard the same. On our news. More or less openly mocking Trump.