Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 4:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our next Secretary of Education!
Our next Secretary of Education!
"Dick and Betsy DeVos Foundation funding of the Michigan-based Foundation for Traditional Values, which runs the Student Statesmanship Institute program, goes back at least as early as 1993 and continued into 2010. SSI listed Betsy DeVos on its advisory board into 2015 and lists DeVos as a past SSI participant. SSI promotes creationism, a literal interpretation of the Bible, and Christian nationalism. SSI opposes same-sex marriage and legal abortion"

Oh boy! This is going to be fun!

(Wasn't sure if I should put this in Politics or Religion)
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
RE: Our next Secretary of Education!
It's politics - sadly.

200 millions in donations to Republicans get you something in the end.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(January 30, 2017 at 12:30 pm)abaris Wrote: It's politics - sadly.

200 millions in donations to Republicans get you something in the end.

Yes, but not an education, apparently.
As a teacher, I cringe at the thought of this woman being Secretary of Education. I think a lot of fellow teachers feel the same way.

This right here is exactly why I was 1000% opposed to Donald Trump, and 100% in Hillary's corner. Betsy DeVos is a vile woman who should be nowhere near education policy. And yet here we are.
The whole tone of Church teaching in regard to woman is, to the last degree, contemptuous and degrading. - Elizabeth Cady Stanton
The Monty of Aweful
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

She also wants to bring back child labor.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/bets...af95edf12e

If someone assassinated her, I wouldn't be upset.
She was just confirmed this morning.

(January 31, 2017 at 12:58 pm)Divinity Wrote: She also wants to bring back child labor.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/bets...af95edf12e

If someone assassinated her, I wouldn't be upset.

Assassinated? That might be a bit much...
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
(January 31, 2017 at 1:10 pm)Aegon Wrote: Assassinated? That might be a bit much...

How about shat on?
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
This is the woman who thinks prohibition against students carrying guns in school ought to be overturned so the students can defend the school against bears.
Well, this is bad news, but not surprising.
Apparently by drain the swamp, he meant destroy the government.
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who will be next Republican presidential candidate? Fake Messiah 28 1489 June 13, 2022 at 2:49 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Which Trump will be next on the ticket? Fake Messiah 13 750 January 22, 2021 at 2:44 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Why I Might Watch The Next 'Debate' BrianSoddingBoru4 28 1591 October 22, 2020 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  What do you think is Trump's next move? WinterHold 42 1651 October 8, 2020 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Nukes: post your imagined scenario of the next war WinterHold 46 3169 February 24, 2019 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Maybe Kavanaugh will be the next liberal SCOTUS judge?? Jehanne 10 1330 October 6, 2018 at 1:40 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Should Hilary Run In The Next Election (The Unbiased Version) Amarok 67 9375 July 25, 2018 at 9:51 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Are you ready for the next depression? Jehanne 5 442 July 22, 2018 at 10:28 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Tillerson Out as Secretary of State Crossless2.0 12 1428 March 17, 2018 at 9:11 am
Last Post: Succubus
  The WLB's Next Supreme Court Pick? Minimalist 0 449 March 15, 2018 at 12:46 pm
Last Post: Minimalist