Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 3:21 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sanctuary cities starting to sue
Sanctuary cities starting to sue
Against Trumps executive orders. First one is San Francisco.

Quote:San Francisco became the first U.S. city to sue to challenge a Trump directive to withhold federal money from U.S. cities that have adopted sanctuary policies toward undocumented immigrants, which local officials argue help local police by making those immigrants more willing to report crimes.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-tr...SKBN15F2B1
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
RE: Sanctuary cities starting to sue
Good I hope trumps regime is sued into poor house (if those still existed)
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Why doesn't he put out an executive directive to help people become citizens?
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
What's going to happen is that Congress will pass a bill that says that there will be no judicial review of immigration laws.
(January 31, 2017 at 7:51 pm)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote: What's going to happen is that Congress will pass a bill that says that there will be no judicial review of immigration laws.

LOL

You just jumped the shark, troll.
(January 31, 2017 at 8:48 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:
(January 31, 2017 at 7:51 pm)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote: What's going to happen is that Congress will pass a bill that says that there will be no judicial review of immigration laws.

LOL

You do know that Congress can do that, don't you?
(February 1, 2017 at 12:56 am)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote:
(January 31, 2017 at 8:48 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: LOL

You do know that Congress can do that, don't you?

Well, let's put it this way, WoG - if you told me water was wet, I'd check. You have *that* much credibility here.
...and by the way, WoG - let's say for sake of argument what say is true. OK, congratulations, Congress just undermined the separation of powers as the checks and balances inherent in our form of government. A Congress that *would* do that is one not worth preserving. I'll stipulate that Congress *can* do a lot of things that it *should* not do, and that would be fucking stupid to do - much like entertaining any of your insipid posts.
(February 1, 2017 at 1:06 am)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: ...and by the way, WoG - let's say for sake of argument what say is true.  OK, congratulations, Congress just undermined the separation of powers as the checks and balances inherent in our form of government.  A Congress that *would* do that is one not worth preserving.  I'll stipulate that Congress *can* do a lot of things that it *should* not do, and that would be fucking stupid to do - much like entertaining any of your insipid posts.

The Constitution isn't a suicide pact.  The guys who wrote it had sense enough to shit can the first one because it was dumb.  Now if they had sense enough to toss the first one why aren't we smart enough to toss the current one if it will kill us to keep following it in the modern world?  This isn't 1789.
(February 1, 2017 at 4:27 pm)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote: This isn't 1789.

Guess so, you wouldn't have much of a country then if it wasn't those pesky immigrants. The natives would then be the US?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DC to Sue Promise Keepers//Proud Boys onlinebiker 31 2114 December 18, 2021 at 11:46 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Trumps base is starting to erode. Jehanne 76 9209 February 3, 2019 at 9:00 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Please Do It, You Dumb Fuck. Sue Him! Minimalist 19 1484 September 6, 2018 at 11:45 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Wal Mart increases starting wage John V 123 11915 January 17, 2018 at 5:36 pm
  Parents of Americans killed in Benghazi sue Hillary Clinton account_inactive 3 781 August 13, 2016 at 9:43 am
  Iran is starting to move abaris 26 2845 February 7, 2016 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: robvalue
Information Churches offer asylum seekers sanctuary Aractus 9 1011 February 4, 2016 at 11:51 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  So how long before the zombies take our cities? Drich 22 3019 October 2, 2014 at 6:09 pm
Last Post: Drich