Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 3:17 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will TX change the way it teaches evolution?
Will TX change the way it teaches evolution?
Looks like it's up for a vote to remove creationism/ID equal time in sciences classes. Hope they get it right but not holding my breath. 

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/U...1-15-55-39
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
RE: Will TX change the way it teaches evolution?
Haven't they tried this a few times before?
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
If they want to teach creationism in schools, by all means let them. But instead of teaching it in science curricula, it should be part of a course entitled something like, 'Some Of The Monumentally Stupid Things Some People Believe'.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Did you mean, creationism?
(February 1, 2017 at 10:35 am)LostLocke Wrote: Did you mean, creationism?

Ta. Fixed it.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(February 1, 2017 at 10:38 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(February 1, 2017 at 10:35 am)LostLocke Wrote: Did you mean, creationism?

Ta. Fixed it.

Boru
Oh good. I was like, "Oh no, they got to Boru!!" Tongue
They don't necessarily get equal time in classrooms anyway. Much of it depends on the teacher and school district.

I bet they stick with the fish frog butt fucking a mutant squirrel theory . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

How long does it take to say, "Maybe it was all done by magic! OK that's creationism done. Now for science."
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(February 1, 2017 at 1:27 pm)robvalue Wrote: How long does it take to say, "Maybe it was all done by magic! OK that's creationism done. Now for science."

So far, 158 years, give or take.

Boru

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Good News for a Change. onlinebiker 6 339 February 7, 2021 at 11:52 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Hail To A Name change..... Sports/NFL Brian37 44 1627 July 13, 2020 at 6:41 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  BREAKING: China's communist party wants to change the internet protocols WinterHold 32 2146 April 2, 2020 at 8:33 am
Last Post: Mr Greene
  CNN- UN expert recommends Kushner change his phone after suspected Saudi hack WinterHold 1 524 January 25, 2020 at 6:04 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Rays of Lightening..... WAY TO GO TAMPA! Brian37 8 439 April 24, 2019 at 7:11 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  So the way to honor our military is to do what? Brian37 9 1118 November 19, 2018 at 11:37 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Donald Trump shuts down EPA's climate change website. Jehanne 6 822 November 4, 2018 at 8:55 pm
Last Post: Joods
  This Is Not The Way To Stop Him From Incriminating Himself Minimalist 13 994 August 8, 2018 at 6:39 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Forgot to change name! RoadRunner79 33 2924 July 18, 2018 at 9:14 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  I Would Expect Arizona To Lead The Way Minimalist 59 4769 June 29, 2018 at 4:11 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda