Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 1:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video]
If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video]
...then I have a message you can pass on back to him. Enjoy!

Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
RE: If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video]
I like your accent. You're more eloquent than Ray Comfort or Ken Hamm, that's for sure.

But that's just it, isn't it? It's our fault for not receiving the message. Our ears or our hearts are closed. It's not like we never believed and just never got a reply when we were utterly sincere about trying to ask for answers from daddy dearest, no, we were always just unworthy of his time. Or he's just got a fucked-up sense of humor and likes watching different religions all over torment each other and allows completely unscrupulous people to claim they speak for him and never once feels the need to make an example of them for false preaching. There is no fucking answer to any of these accusations, because they're insurmountable. That we would even need to ask them is proof that a perfect, let alone perfectly loving, god cannot exist.
Religions were invented to impress and dupe illiterate, superstitious stone-age peasants. So in this modern, enlightened age of information, what's your excuse? Or are you saying with all your advantages, you were still tricked as easily as those early humans?

---

There is no better way to convey the least amount of information in the greatest amount of words than to try explaining your religious views.
Thank you Smile Good old Norfolk accent. I've been told it's sexy! By one person. No, not my wife. She thinks I sound stupid Tongue

Indeed! Who made my eyes and ears? Who gave me this faulty equipment that can't pick up God FM? Who knows the equipment is broken but won't mend it? How exactly am I at fault here?

Weirdly the people who receive the message can't agree on what it is. So what is more likely? God tells everyone a different message, or people are imagining it? We already know the majority of religious people must be imagining it due to the contradictory nature of religious beliefs.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of my best videos
Nice message. Though the vertical video is a bit odd. #widescreenforlife.

We hear a lot of excuses about why the abrahamic god doesn't just come down and tell everyone it wants us to follow him, despite the fact that he feels this is so important that he's willing to punish us for not figuring it out in our lifetimes. Possibly eternally. Possibly with constant burning torture involved.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Thank you Smile Yeah, I need to get Youtube working again properly on my iPad.

For real! It's weird how in his own book he had no trouble at all showing up and making a scene right in front of people.

Index of my best videos
Eewwww vertical video!

You're like the skeptical Josh Feuerstein...

Tongue
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
I'm sorry, I didn't realise it would be so annoying! I'll try and sort my shit out for my next vid Tongue This was a spur of the moment idea.

Haha yeah. Did you see that one where he talked to a trash can?

Index of my best videos
Josh is comedy gold. Except when he takes little kids out to shoot guns, then we need to call CPS.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

So... If God wanted to talk to you you admit that He can.. but if He doesn't then He has to be senile or can't.

Here's a crazy thought.. What if it simply takes a measure of humility to identify what God may have already have told you. Or to put it another way.. What if God has already spoken with you? How would you be able to recognize him?

Let says if you have the ass hole attitude that God MUST speak with you or be senile or He cant do it.. Puts you in the wrong mind set.. Or rather puts you in the same mind set the Saducees and Pharisees were in when they encountered Christ..

Meaning when Jesus Rolls up and says I am the Christ, the Messiah. They can't believe Him. Why? because they expected something/someone so completely different they could not believe they in all of their wisdom could be so far off, in their belief and worship of God.

In other words those idiots were soo caught up in what they thought God and in turn the messiah should be they missed who He was.

My question to you is, how do you know God has not already spoken to you?

God spoke to me via a big scary black man/The last person on the planet that I would think to Hear directly from God From. How ever I was able to put down my expectations of how God was to approach me, and listened to the words Big Scary said. It was by His words (found in scripture) that validated the message, and was also later confirmed when specific predictions began to take place. Predictions I would have never heard if I first did not recognize my role my need to be humble enough in that situation to hear him out.

So again, Can God speak to you, yes. Is He going to do it on your terms? He might, but I can almost 100% say He won't. Why? Because we are all commanded to humble ourselves before HIM and HE will lift us up. Not demand God dance a gig and play to our sterotyps. If you learn to humble yourself before God as He instructed, then you might realize all the times God has been shouting at you, but you refuse to hear Him, because he did not approach you on your terms.
I covered this. Yes, he might have talked to me. But I didn't understand the message if so. And he must know that I didn't.

I didn't say he's senile if he didn't, that was one humorous possibility which you seem to have fixated on. He may well just not want to talk to me at all. Or be dead. Whatever. How should I know?

If he wants to talk to me, and for me to understand, he should be able to do that. If my unintentional "shield" powers are more powerful than God, then I guess I'm pretty swell.

What's this "on my terms" business? Hundreds of people manage to communicate with me perfectly easily. Even my dog manages it. Even my rabbits can convey messages of a kind.

I get silence "from him", if there is a him. It seems to me that doing things "on his terms" means just accepting whatever you tell me he is saying.

Why is he failing? Why can't he do what everyone else can? How powerful do you think I am?

I'd be perfectly happy to talk to him. I have no problem with it. Ask him to try harder. I'd be very interested to hear what he has to say. Why exactly would I not want to hear? All I'm saying is I'm not interested in what you say he is saying. He shouldn't need a translater.

Index of my best videos

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Funny video - Saturday Night Live - teen thanks god during thanksgiving Ferrocyanide 4 764 November 7, 2021 at 5:09 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  Are there any theists here who think God wants, or will take care of, Global Warming? Duty 16 3487 January 19, 2020 at 11:50 am
Last Post: Smedders
  11-Year-Old College Grad Wants to Pursue Astrophysics to Prove God’s Existence Foxaèr 49 6862 August 2, 2018 at 4:51 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  My dad wants me to marry another christian Der/die AtheistIn 40 8152 September 23, 2017 at 3:04 pm
Last Post: mordant
Video New video: space, time and anger robvalue 15 3007 March 6, 2016 at 5:07 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Lets talk about sex. loganonekenobi 56 10082 September 2, 2015 at 12:25 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Oh, You Talk to God, That’s Cool! I Need Some Answers Salacious B. Crumb 40 10616 August 20, 2015 at 3:46 pm
Last Post: Salacious B. Crumb
  God is love. God is just. God is merciful. Chad32 62 19318 October 21, 2014 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Cheerful Charlie
  Prospect: god wants me to play for Seattle Tonus 4 1264 February 24, 2014 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  The 'Proof' Christians Don't Talk About Mystical 39 11915 January 8, 2014 at 11:22 pm
Last Post: Mystical