Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 6:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just When You Thought USian Politics Couldn't Get Any Nuttier
Just When You Thought USian Politics Couldn't Get Any Nuttier
US House To Allow Mentally Ill To Buy Guns

I've made my position on privately-owned handguns pretty clear on these boards - but can ANY reasonable person see this as a good idea?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
RE: Just When You Thought USian Politics Couldn't Get Any Nuttier
What the actual fuck? I need to read into this in more detail because I can hardly believe this. Are they really this stupid?
(February 2, 2017 at 8:00 pm)Jesster Wrote: Are they really this stupid?

Yes, or rather, so ideologically pure that it interferes with discerning bad ideas from good. Oh, but I repeat myself.
I didn't expect that...

Also, what is your position on privately owned handguns?
What can go wrong?

(February 2, 2017 at 8:05 pm)Bella Morte Wrote: Also, what is your position on privately owned handguns?

I'm personally for it, but with appropriate restrictions. People who are obviously dangerous should not have access to them. People with felonies and/or severe mental illnesses are two of the obvious groups who should not legally have firearms.
(February 2, 2017 at 8:11 pm)Jesster Wrote:
(February 2, 2017 at 8:05 pm)Bella Morte Wrote: Also, what is your position on privately owned handguns?

I'm personally for it, but with appropriate restrictions. People who are obviously dangerous should not have access to them. People with felonies and/or severe mental illnesses are two of the obvious groups who should not legally have firearms.

I agree with that, more or less.

It should be a case by case basis when it comes to the felons and the mentally ill in my opinion.
Whoo Hoo!!!!!! Ima gettin me a gun!
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(February 2, 2017 at 8:05 pm)Bella Morte Wrote: I didn't expect that...

Also, what is your position on privately owned handguns?

I'd like to see them eliminated entirely. Since that's clearly not about to happen, I'm reasonably happy with the current restrictions we have here.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Why the hell was the Social Security Administration tasked with that?

Having a masturbatory regulatory environment vomiting forth non sequiturs (read that as low hanging fruit) like that INVITES the pubs to do something.

And again, did the dems do anything TODAY to advance election odds in 2018 ??

All together now:

Fuck No !!
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hey Portland - you might get what you deserve. onlinebiker 408 11203 September 8, 2021 at 12:53 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  All the god-ding in the world couldn't fix him arewethereyet 17 1298 May 12, 2021 at 8:52 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  what malcom x thought of liberals and conservatives. Drich 42 2569 June 6, 2020 at 6:55 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Is this a surprise to anyone? Selfishness and Altruism and Politics. Angrboda 2 381 December 12, 2018 at 7:35 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  This Is Nothing Compared To The Ass-Reaming You'll Get In Prison! Minimalist 10 1680 July 14, 2018 at 4:12 pm
Last Post: warmdecember
  That's What You Get For Being Spineless Sacks of Shit Minimalist 5 652 June 20, 2018 at 4:00 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  I Wonder When The Bar Will Get Low Enough For The Deplorables to Get In? Minimalist 12 1244 May 17, 2018 at 4:19 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  The WLB Has Not Thought This Out.... Minimalist 34 4617 January 7, 2018 at 10:23 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Any Of You Near Denver? BrianSoddingBoru4 7 1108 January 1, 2018 at 4:21 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  For A Moment I Thought They Had No Potties In Buckingham Palace Minimalist 5 1302 December 21, 2017 at 7:06 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris