Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 5:58 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An appropriate punishment for Jill Stein?
An appropriate punishment for Jill Stein?
She's very intelligent, and for her age, very attractive!  And, yet, very, very dumb, and to an extent, selfish.  Let's face it, the margin of victory for Trump in the Blue Wall states (Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin) was less than the number of people who voted for Dr. Stein.  And, so, let's enter a hypothetical (and, might I add, nonexistent realm) where you are "god" and you get to decide the punishment for Jill Stein for handing the nuclear arsenal over to a pathological narcissist.  What would her punishment be?  Here's my take, fully consistent with my bleeding-heart liberal views.

For 1 week (or, at least until she has a "serious reason"), Jill Stein will be confined to a McDonald's where she will be forced to drink whole milk and forbidden to order off of the dollar menu.  In addition, she must work 8 hours per day as a fry cook, and the restaurant will play 16 hours a day the same track for a Lawrence Welk song of her choosing, or one chosen at random if she should refuse to choose one on her own.

So, liberals, in particular, what punishment would you imagine for Jill Stein for having thrown the first would-be woman US President under the bus, and, perhaps, for pushing the World to the brink of environmental collapse and/or global thermonuclear war?
RE: An appropriate punishment for Jill Stein?
Having to sit in a room full of Liberals arguing about the pros and cons of third party protest votes.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(February 2, 2017 at 10:53 pm)Jehanne Wrote: She's very intelligent, and for her age, very attractive!  And, yet, very, very dumb, and to an extent, selfish.  Let's face it, the margin of victory for Trump in the Blue Wall states (Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin) was less than the number of people who voted for Dr. Stein.  And, so, let's enter a hypothetical (and, might I add, nonexistent realm) where you are "god" and you get to decide the punishment for Jill Stein for handing the nuclear arsenal over to a pathological narcissist.  What would her punishment be?  Here's my take, fully consistent with my bleeding-heart liberal views.

For 1 week (or, at least until she has a "serious reason"), Jill Stein will be confined to a McDonald's where she will be forced to drink whole milk and forbidden to order off of the dollar menu.  In addition, she must work 8 hours per day as a fry cook, and the restaurant will play 16 hours a day the same track for a Lawrence Welk song of her choosing, or one chosen at random if she should refuse to choose one on her own.

So, liberals, in particular, what punishment would you imagine for Jill Stein for having thrown the first would-be woman US President under the bus, and, perhaps, for pushing the World to the brink of environmental collapse and/or global thermonuclear war?

From whatI've heard, 9% of democrats voted for trump. His win was not her fault, thus she shouldn't be punished. don't blame third parties for te republican win. Don't blame voters for voting for the people they want to win, instead of someone they don't like, but is less bad than the other person.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

I'd say punish the Trump voters ... but I suspect they'll be getting their just desserts anyway.

No punishment.
(February 3, 2017 at 12:58 am)Bella Morte Wrote: No punishment.

I am glad that you are not "god", even though "god", if she exists, is probably more feminine than masculine.

Long ago my government teacher (back in the mid 80s) toward our class that the US is a "2-party system".  He made an excellent point about how the Founders believed in majority rule, that is, that the majority would be at least sane enough to reject the lunancies of the minority, no matter how significant that group was.  No matter how much a Green disliked Hillary Clinton, it is a sure bet to say that person hated Donald Trump even more.  And as with the 2000 election, one would think that people would have learned, but as the timeless saying goes, those who are ignorant of history are condemned to repeat it...

I heard a news story that Jill Stein says that she "does not care" that she cost Hillary the election, but does she care if Trump ends-up destroying the World?

(February 2, 2017 at 11:16 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: I'd say punish the Trump voters ... but I suspect they'll be getting their just desserts anyway.

The rest of us will be punished along with them.  I suspect when Walmart starts having problems (say, because of a trade war with China), many of Trump's supporters will abandon him.  He'll probably lose the 2020 Republican nomination and will end-up running as a 3rd Party candidate as he did long ago:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Tru...aign,_2000

(February 2, 2017 at 11:10 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: Having to sit in a room full of Liberals arguing about the pros and cons of third party protest votes.

I'm sure that she's already had those conversations!!  Maybe if she was trapped in a room with Bernie Sanders???
The punishment for those that blame "third party" voters is to be stuck in a never ending cycle of two bad options every fourth year.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Make her be President for the next four years. That'll teach her.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
So who are we blaming next week?
Have Ben get her back in the kitchen where she belongs.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.