Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 5:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To all the world's religions.......OP/ED
To all the world's religions.......OP/ED
Before I start, the regulars here already know my position so please understand this is not to be repetitive to anyone here. I often write and post this link on other social media to expose more to considering a wider view of our species history. 

To the outsiders who have clicked on this link and website for the first time, this is for you, no matter what part of the world you live in, regardless of the majority religion you may be surrounded by. I want to start by making one thing clear, all 7 billion of us are still the same species regardless. All of us have family and friends and those we love. Most humans try to seek survival and want to feel safe where they live. 

Unfortunately fear has taken over politics, in particular we now have an orange asshole who thinks he is merely "telling it like it is". No, sorry conservatives that is fear, not mere blasphemy. That is political demagoguery, the same political tactics that oppress dissent, be it the worship of the state like North Korea, or a closed theocracy like Iran or Saudi Arabia. 

But this problem with liberals and conservatives jockeying for patent rights of their umbrella label interpretation is unfortunately in all religions and something most humans do not want to face. I won't spend any time listing all the similarities of overlap that all religions have. You can find arguments for empathy and arguments for violence in every religion. Jews have refused to sit next to women on airlines. Buddhists have murdered Muslims. Sunnis and Shiites murder each other. Our American conservatives also want to control the bodies of women, and still far too many refuse to accept the deep rooted religious based bigotry of our history, which still is politically active with a sick vile anti LGBT VP. 

Listen up world, NOBODY is getting off this rock anytime soon, not any sect of any religion anywhere in the world. You cannot rid a planet of 7 billion of an entire group. Muslims cant, Christians cant Jews cant, ect ect ect. I think the world needs to understand, even within each respective umbrella label, there simply is no good way to use religion as a national way of conducting political diplomacy much less a global way of political diplomacy. For all the good the religious left and the religious right like to claim it gives humans, it is far too divisive because those beliefs are so personal.

Again, I am not suggesting a government forced end to any, merely a priority shift where national political diplomacy and global diplomacy. Liberals, I love you, you are the part of my species that gives me hope, but at the same time, far too often it gives the fearful conservatives cover. To conservative Christians, FUCK YOU. To conservative Jews, FUCK YOU. To conservative Muslims also FUCK YOU. I could go into conservative Hindus Sikhs and Buddhists too, to say they don't exist would be a fallacy. But right now the big 3, Islam being the worst offender, but all still regardless are pissing me off, are currently the biggest distraction to fostering more worldwide peace.

I think the battle between left and right in all religions fail to see that you CAN value human rights and non violence but it cannot be done through the silence of criticism or blasphemy. No Trump, you are not simply saying "there are words in the Koran that can be used for violence and sexism", that is criticism. What you asshole are doing is needlessly scaring the shit out of your gullible followers to keep power. I see you as no different outside a secular leash as selling the same fear of "other" That allows their conservatives to be oppressive in states like Saudi Arabia and Iran. 

There are justifications for tribalism in the Christian bible and Jewish OT as well and all three STEM from the same Abraham God. No liberals, I while I love your empathy we should not silence blasphemy only oppressive laws and political demagoguery. I despise all conservatives regardless of label no matter the religion. I despise holy people of all religion who scream from their pedestals to fear someone on the other side of the planet they have never met in person. FUCK YOU.

Liberals again, I love you but no, your religion is not special on a planet of 7 billion, it is simply one of many. The "I'm special" unfortunately is also what conservatives of all religions claim too. I would suggest to my well intended empathetic liberals, that what makes a person non violent and compassionate is not in a book, or from having been told that by a holy person, but in you, as an individual, in your actions. I have been conversing online everyday  almost for 16 years with humans from all over the world of every label you can think of. There are decent people of ALL religions ABSOLUTELY, but I would suggest that is not religion causing it, but our evolutionary empathy which humans mistake as coming from above or coming from the divine.

I hold no compunction or reservation from being blunt with my words. I find no value in blind loyalty to a claim, be it coming from a conservative or a liberal. But what NO human should value of any label, is use of political fear. Use of political fear is what causes states like Iran or Saudi Arabia. Use of political fear caused Jim Crow and McCarthism and WW2 Germany. Use of political fear is what conservative Christians and Muslims and Jews cowardly hide behind to justify their insecurity of time passing them by. 

Liberal Christians and Jews and Muslims, and all other liberals worldwide. I AM WITH YOU, as a human rights issue, but not as a claims issue. I value as much as questioning conservatives the right to question liberals too. Questioning the truth claims of religion is why we don't look like the Middle East. Questioning the truth claims of religion, is why we no longer have slavery or bans on women voting or segregation. Questioning religious claims is also STILL needed because we still have religious bigots wanting to control bodies they don't own and why they still try to oppress LGBT. 

Political demagoguery is bullshit "otherism" to justify tribalism and is toxic to human rights. And that is what makes blasphemy needed. I do however think liberals confuse blasphemy with political demagoguery and they are not the same. Fuck TRUMP fuck the theocracies of Iran and Saudi Arabia, and fuck BIBI. No not every single individual of those populations, just anyone who uses fear at a high political level to needlessly scare the shit out of everyone just to maintain power. 

Our species as far too much at stake now as far as climate change, pollution poverty and threat of global war, to allow the asshole conservatives to divide us. To my fellow humans, to my empathetic left, worldwide. The bottom line is this is the only home all 7 billion of us have. We MUST refuse as a species to allow religious tribalism and political fear destroy us.
RE: To all the world's religions.......OP/ED
What's your point?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Interesting correlation between God and light in major world religions... Ajay0 17 1851 May 24, 2019 at 4:10 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  To all religions/What makes you think...... Brian37 22 2781 February 26, 2019 at 8:46 am
Last Post: no one
  Religions Role in Social Movements, Essential or Accidental? Neo-Scholastic 17 3487 October 4, 2018 at 3:58 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Are all religions cults? Aroura 88 11137 September 30, 2018 at 1:41 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Why do some believers claim that all religions are just as good? Der/die AtheistIn 22 3737 June 25, 2018 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Why do the Abrahamic religions hate the female body so much? Rhondazvous 84 10877 June 18, 2018 at 1:00 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Should Governments regulate fraudulent religions? Greatest I am 37 12865 March 23, 2018 at 12:52 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  How I view all the world's religions. Brian37 0 602 March 22, 2018 at 4:19 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Why you should distrust all religions. Jehanne 57 11102 January 9, 2018 at 8:26 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Why are most religions agains homosexuality? Der/die AtheistIn 140 22905 December 22, 2017 at 9:48 am
Last Post: Antares