Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 4:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More Jackbooted Thuggery As Protests Turn Violent At NYU
More Jackbooted Thuggery As Protests Turn Violent At NYU
Another night of protests turn violent as protesters oppose conservative speaker and comedian, Gavin McInnes, at NYU. So much for acceptance and tolerance from this fringe left version of Nazis.

"Conservative comedian Gavin McInnes is PEPPER-SPRAYED outside NYU as violent student protesters throw punches and clash with police ahead of his performance"

Quote:Conservative comedian Gavin McInnes was pepper-sprayed in New York City on Thursday, ahead of his appearance at New York University.
Protesters came out to demonstrate against the scheduled event featuring the co-founder of Vice Media. A crowd started fighting while McInnes arrived, video shows

An event page on Facebook from the NYU Anti-Fascists was called 'Disrupt Gavin McInnes at NYU'. 

The page - which appears to have been taken down - reportedly said: 'Come to Kimmel, Rosenthal Pavilion to let NYU know that we will not stand for bigotry, racism, homophobia, transphobia, misogyny on our campus.' 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...s-NYU.html

"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
RE: More Jackbooted Thuggery As Protests Turn Violent At NYU
I'm seeing increasing support for property destruction and violence against alt.right types, along with an increase in at least excusing it; basically justified as 'it's okay when the victims are Nazis or rich'.

I don't agree with riots. They're halfway between non-violent protest and resistance and revolution. I think they're less effective in accomplishing desired change than either. If it's not time for bloody revolution then it's still time for nonviolent protest and resistance...which requires discipline and not giving into violent impulses because it's so satisfying to assault racists.

When they're violent, it helps us. You know how we use violent incidents by radical conservatives to rally people against them. When we're violent it helps their narrative. Personally, I believe in nonviolent change and only resorting to violence in self-defense when in immediate physical danger. However, even if I liked assaulting people as much as the next guy, nonviolent protest and resistance is more effective.

But only military or paramilitary types (or at least government agents) can be 'jackbooted thugs', pretty much by definition.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
Protesting principles you don't agree with by using violence and destruction is just about as hypocritical as you can get. I don't care what "side" you're on. When you act like that, you lose me.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(February 3, 2017 at 11:47 am)Mister Agenda Wrote: I'm seeing increasing support for property destruction and violence against alt.right types, along with an increase in at least excusing it; basically justified as 'it's okay when the victims are Nazis or rich'.

I don't agree with riots. They're halfway between non-violent protest and resistance and revolution. I think they're less effective in accomplishing desired change than either. If it's not time for bloody revolution then it's still time for nonviolent protest and resistance...which requires discipline and not giving into violent impulses because it's so satisfying to assault racists.

When they're violent, it helps us. You know how we use violent incidents by radical conservatives to rally people against them. When we're violent it helps their narrative. Personally, I believe in nonviolent change and only resorting to violence in self-defense when in immediate physical danger. However, even if I liked assaulting people as much as the next guy, nonviolent protest and resistance is more effective.

But only military or paramilitary types can be 'jackbooted thugs', pretty much by definition.
'Jackbooted Thugs' is a fair description of their actions. But, these are pretty much the fringers, though. I think most on the left would condemn this. Unfortunately, I think the violence from the few fringers will reflect badly on the rest of the left.
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
These are Authoritarian Leftists. I don't approve of their actions and would not wish to be associated with them if anybody cared who I'm associated with.
(February 3, 2017 at 12:01 pm)A Theist Wrote:
(February 3, 2017 at 11:47 am)Mister Agenda Wrote: I'm seeing increasing support for property destruction and violence against alt.right types, along with an increase in at least excusing it; basically justified as 'it's okay when the victims are Nazis or rich'.

But only military or paramilitary types can be 'jackbooted thugs', pretty much by definition.
'Jackbooted Thugs' is a fair description of their actions. But, these are pretty much the fringers, though. I think most on the left would condemn this. Unfortunately, I think the violence from the few fringers will reflect badly on the rest of the left.

"Jackboot thugs" is a term, that in the UK at least, I have only ever seen associated with the right. It seems odd to have it pointed at left leaning people.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

I'm not for any type of violence. It gives real protesting a bad name. I don't care which side is to blame. No one has the right to be destructive of someone else's person or property.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(February 3, 2017 at 12:29 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote:
(February 3, 2017 at 12:01 pm)A Theist Wrote: 'Jackbooted Thugs' is a fair description of their actions. But, these are pretty much the fringers, though. I think most on the left would condemn this. Unfortunately, I think the violence from the few fringers will reflect badly on the rest of the left.

"Jackboot thugs" is a term, that in the UK at least, I have only ever seen associated with the right. It seems odd to have it pointed at left leaning people.

The people on the right aren't the most creative knives in the drawer. Social justice warrior is their best work since hippie and tree hugger.

“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
(February 3, 2017 at 1:26 pm)Kosh Wrote:
(February 3, 2017 at 12:29 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: "Jackboot thugs" is a term, that in the UK at least, I have only ever seen associated with the right. It seems odd to have it pointed at left leaning people.

The people on the right aren't the most creative knives in the drawer.  Social justice warrior is their best work since hippie and tree hugger.
I don't get the mockery of SJWs.
Its like shouting "Your a nice person" at someone and meaning it as an insult.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(February 3, 2017 at 2:18 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote:
(February 3, 2017 at 1:26 pm)Kosh Wrote: The people on the right aren't the most creative knives in the drawer.  Social justice warrior is their best work since hippie and tree hugger.
I don't get the mockery of SJWs.
Its like shouting "Your a nice person" at someone and meaning it as an insult.

The instant you add the qualifier, social, it isn't really justice anymore. True justice doesn't respect status, allegiance, or group membership. Justice should favor neither the rich nor the poor. It should favor neither the leader nor the outcast. Justice must be impartial and never qualified.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information Protests against Netanyahu's Actions in Gaza Leonardo17 14 332 April 9, 2024 at 5:44 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Violent thunder and storm hitting the tower of Sauron in Mekkah WinterHold 11 800 August 23, 2023 at 7:10 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Escalating violence as armed protests planned in all 50 state capitals TaraJo 64 3376 January 15, 2021 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Protests in Belgrade FlatAssembler 3 278 July 16, 2020 at 12:18 pm
Last Post: Porcupine
  Protests in Zagreb FlatAssembler 32 1341 December 3, 2019 at 11:28 am
Last Post: FlatAssembler
  Yellow Vest protests masked by a terrorist attack WinterHold 7 1349 December 14, 2018 at 9:01 am
Last Post: FatAndFaithless
  All migrants are violent according to GOP.... Brian37 0 266 August 23, 2018 at 6:04 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Even FOX FUX Turn On The Orange Turd Minimalist 4 924 April 4, 2018 at 12:03 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Trump shifts blame to violent video games, movies in gun violence discussion notimportant1234 41 4146 February 23, 2018 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: mlmooney89
  Alt-Right Fuckheads Turn Against General McMaster Minimalist 1 878 May 27, 2017 at 2:36 pm
Last Post: Amarok