Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 11:15 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Any other atheists just feel an acute intolerance for religious people?
Any other atheists just feel an acute intolerance for religious people?
I literally hate religious people, because they're responsible for the thoughts they think. It's one thing for a thought to be disagreeable, and to disagree on that thought in a civil way. I can move on from a disagreement of ideas, but with religious people it's not just a disagreement of ideas. They take disagreement with their ideas as some sort of prejudice, telling them you think their beliefs are stupid is a direct attack on who they are to them. 

You know, it's hard because there's a lot of really nasty shit I would like to say about religious people, about how I'd like to literally torture them because they annoy me so much, but you can't say too much stuff like that because then someone will take you seriously and call the police on you, or whatever. Moralizing pricks. But how do you handle religious people, in that you can't get them to think rationally because of their "faith" which is what they use to force themselves to think without skepticism, and no matter how much you disagree with them they're always going to keep on being stupid, no matter what you do?

It's like a vice grip on my brain, when I think about religious people. They just infuriate me, and it's infuriated me since I was really young. I absolutely despise the fact that I have to live in a world with people who lack critical thinking skills, so much that they say that something exists that has no evidence for it's existence. That's basically it, it's so simple when it comes down to it. There's no evidence that god exists, none at all. But no, I have to live in a world with people who literally believe some dude walked on water, and that once their body decays their "soul" is going to live on. 

They're so fucking stupid, I hate them. And you're a piece of shit if you think I'm a piece of shit for feeling emotions that are only human. Fuck you. I feel like I'm playing a videogame where the NPC is really stupid. The video game starts to be predictable and boring, and you only wish that the game was smarter. That's how it feels being in a world filled with religious people. They're so fucking stupid I want to strangle them, and there's nothing whatsoever I can do about it.
RE: Any other atheists just feel an acute intolerance for religious people?
I don't mind religious people. Undecided
Troll says what?
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
http://atheistforums.org/forum-11.html

[youtube]r5kmCgVhADY[/youtube]
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Tentative welcome.

Why haven't you cured them all of their fantasy? You must be an ineffective piece of shit to boot.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
No, but I am afraid of what would happen if I told a friend from a Church I used to go to that I'm an atheist. I don't hate religious people but I hate how religion has so much dominance here. I feel like if we (USA) were more like Britain or Europe the first thing I mentioned wouldn't be a problem, and overall, we would have less backward ideas.
(February 3, 2017 at 8:13 pm)Industrial Lad Wrote: No, but I am afraid of what would happen if I told a friend from a Church I used to go to that I'm an atheist. I don't hate religious people but I hate how religion has so much dominance here. I feel like if we (USA) were more like Britain or Europe the first thing i mentioned wouldn't be a problem, and overall, we would have less backward ideas.

I honestly wish I lived in sweden denmark norway new zealand or some scandinavian country. I honestly have a hard time on dating websites here because it's about 99% religious people in the dating pool. It really disgusts me especially considering the life I could be living if I lived in a beautiful scandinavian country. Better schools, better government, healthier food, more beautiful landscape (it's nothing but flat industrial wasteland where I live as far as they eye can see). America nauseates me.

(February 3, 2017 at 8:08 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Tentative welcome.

Why haven't you cured them all of their fantasy? You must be an ineffective piece of shit to boot.
I'm an ineffective piece of shit? Lmao, looks like I already have someone to block.
(February 3, 2017 at 8:16 pm)WisdomOfTheTrees Wrote:
(February 3, 2017 at 8:13 pm)Industrial Lad Wrote: No, but I am afraid of what would happen if I told a friend from a Church I used to go to that I'm an atheist. I don't hate religious people but I hate how religion has so much dominance here. I feel like if we (USA) were more like Britain or Europe the first thing i mentioned wouldn't be a problem, and overall, we would have less backward ideas.

I honestly wish I lived in sweden denmark norway new zealand or some scandinavian country. I honestly have a hard time on dating websites here because it's about 99% religious people in the dating pool. It really disgusts me especially considering the life I could be living if I lived in a beautiful scandinavian country. Better schools, healthier food, more beautiful landscape (it's nothing but flat industrial wasteland where I live as far as they eye can see). America nauseates me.

(February 3, 2017 at 8:08 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Tentative welcome.

I'm an ineffective piece of shit? Lmao, looks like I already have someone to block.

The downside, of course, is that Swedish people wouldn't date you because of your religious intolerance.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(February 3, 2017 at 8:17 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(February 3, 2017 at 8:16 pm)WisdomOfTheTrees Wrote: I honestly wish I lived in sweden denmark norway new zealand or some scandinavian country. I honestly have a hard time on dating websites here because it's about 99% religious people in the dating pool. It really disgusts me especially considering the life I could be living if I lived in a beautiful scandinavian country. Better schools, healthier food, more beautiful landscape (it's nothing but flat industrial wasteland where I live as far as they eye can see). America nauseates me.

The downside, of course, is that Swedish people wouldn't date you because of your religious intolerance.

Boru
I don't even know where to begin lol.
(February 3, 2017 at 8:16 pm)WisdomOfTheTrees Wrote:

I honestly wish I lived in sweden denmark norway new zealand or some scandinavian country. I honestly have a hard time on dating websites here because it's about 99% religious people in the dating pool. It really disgusts me especially considering the life I could be living if I lived in a beautiful scandinavian country. Better schools, healthier food, more beautiful landscape (it's nothing but flat industrial wasteland where I live as far as they eye can see). America nauseates me.

If it's any comfort most of them are probably nominal Christians too afraid to take that extra step to stop believing. But the nominal Christians do kind of help keep things the way they are.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sexual Abuse in Social Context: Clergy and other (Secular) Professionals. Nishant Xavier 61 3750 July 16, 2023 at 1:54 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  If you had to pick between people who pimp prostitutes vs religious people Woah0 22 1932 August 28, 2022 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Atheists: I have tips of advice why you are a hated non religious dogmatic group inUS Rinni92 13 2818 August 5, 2020 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Sal
  Have you met people criticizing atheists who use the expression OMG Der/die AtheistIn 30 4173 April 3, 2019 at 11:42 am
Last Post: Simon Moon
  How do atheists feel about name days? Der/die AtheistIn 25 2860 November 30, 2018 at 7:53 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  How did u feel when you deconverted? Lebneni Murtad 32 5012 October 27, 2018 at 10:29 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Santa and Other Lies to the Kids mlmooney89 25 2605 August 27, 2018 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  How Do Atheists Help[ People? Rhondazvous 32 6063 March 14, 2018 at 4:10 pm
Last Post: mlmooney89
  I enjoy far right atheists more than lgbt marxist atheists Sopra 4 2192 February 28, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  I like to treat religious people nice. Jeezypete 27 4342 February 6, 2018 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire