Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 11:43 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Republican usage
Republican usage
I was watching the mini-series Taboo, and during one episode the King was made aware of the fact that a citizen would not do his country a service.

The king's response was, "So he's a Republican?"

It makes perfect sense in relation to how things are going in this country of the U.S. right now.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Republican usage
(February 3, 2017 at 9:12 pm)Maelstrom Wrote: I was watching the mini-series Taboo, and during one episode the King was made aware of the fact that a citizen would not do his country a service.

The king's response was, "So he's a Republican?"

It makes perfect sense in relation to how things are going in this country of the U.S. right now.

No, not really.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(February 3, 2017 at 9:47 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: No, not really.

Boru

Good to know that you support Trump.

Unless you completely skipped the critical thinking process.
~ Erin Hunter
I would have thought television to be beneath you, in all your magnificence.

(February 3, 2017 at 9:48 pm)Maelstrom Wrote:
(February 3, 2017 at 9:47 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: No, not really.

Boru

Good to know that you support Trump.

Unless you completely skipped the critical thinking process.

You misunderstand me. The way in which 'Republican' was used - in context - means someone opposed to monarchical government. Trump isn't such a person. I'm sure that, at some level, he thinks of himself as 'King Donald I'.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(February 3, 2017 at 9:52 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: I would have thought television to be beneath you, in all your magnificence.

Nothing is beneath magnificence. In fact, magnificence is created from everything beneath it.

(February 3, 2017 at 9:53 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: You misunderstand me.  The way in which 'Republican' was used - in context - means someone opposed to monarchical government.  Trump isn't such a person.  I'm sure that, at some level, he thinks of himself as 'King Donald I'.

Boru

And here I was simply making a comparison of the terms, basically in the context of my OP that it is one who is against one's own country.
~ Erin Hunter
Lol, rationalization ex culo, eh? That's what you're going with?

(February 3, 2017 at 10:01 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Lol, rationalization ex culo, eh? That's what you're going with?

If that is your creative interpretation of my comment, go with it for own benefit.
~ Erin Hunter
(February 3, 2017 at 10:04 pm)Maelstrom Wrote:
(February 3, 2017 at 10:01 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Lol, rationalization ex culo, eh? That's what you're going with?

If that is your creative interpretation of my comment, go with it for own benefit.

Uh huh.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who will be next Republican presidential candidate? Fake Messiah 28 1566 June 13, 2022 at 2:49 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Republican Party Purge Foxaèr 11 753 April 15, 2021 at 11:27 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Republican Representative compares his party's fight to Imperial Japanese Soldiers Rev. Rye 2 283 November 24, 2020 at 10:12 pm
Last Post: brewer
  The Republican America Foxaèr 19 1153 November 23, 2020 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  If your senator is Republican... Gawdzilla Sama 5 591 October 5, 2020 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  trump the republican asks communist china to investigate his potential election rival Anomalocaris 10 1076 October 4, 2019 at 10:18 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Former Republican Rick Wilson Nails It Minimalist 4 628 August 26, 2018 at 2:42 am
Last Post: Amarok
  The Iowa Republican Party platform. Jehanne 14 1444 August 20, 2018 at 9:18 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Republican advisor made a woman a sex slave Rev. Rye 67 8049 April 12, 2018 at 10:40 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  My Republican Senator is NOT coming to town! Instead, she is sending her aides. Jehanne 11 1829 March 5, 2017 at 8:00 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb