Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 2:50 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Trump is doing is Not New
What Trump is doing is Not New
Here in the US, we've seen it all before.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien_and_Sedition_Acts
Quote:The Alien and Sedition Acts were four bills passed by the Federalist-dominated 5th United States Congress and signed into law by President John Adams in 1798.[1] They made it harder for an immigrant to become a citizen (Naturalization Act), allowed the president to imprison and deport non-citizens who were deemed dangerous (Alien Friends Act of 1798)[2] or who were from a hostile nation (Alien Enemy Act of 1798),[3] and criminalized making false statements that were critical of the federal government (Sedition Act of 1798

Check the date. It doesn’t say 1998. It says 1798. So from day one people have been trying to use fear and prejudice to usher in Big Brother.
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
RE: What Trump is doing is Not New
Indeed. Our nation, founded upon freedom to hear it said, gave way to fear rather quickly.

RE: What Trump is doing is Not New
(February 6, 2017 at 8:07 pm)Rhondazvous Wrote: Here in the US, we've seen it all before.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien_and_Sedition_Acts
Quote:The Alien and Sedition Acts were four bills passed by the Federalist-dominated 5th United States Congress and signed into law by President John Adams in 1798.[1] They made it harder for an immigrant to become a citizen (Naturalization Act), allowed the president to imprison and deport non-citizens who were deemed dangerous (Alien Friends Act of 1798)[2] or who were from a hostile nation (Alien Enemy Act of 1798),[3] and criminalized making false statements that were critical of the federal government (Sedition Act of 1798

Check the date. It doesn’t say 1998. It says 1798. So from day one people have been trying to use fear and prejudice  to usher in Big Brother.

New or not his choice to continue ill conceived policies damns him
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 1063 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Trump not welcome in Kenosha onlinebiker 47 2018 September 2, 2020 at 2:17 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Trump’s evangelical adviser to Jim Bakker: ‘It’s not Republicans vs Dems — it’s God v Secular Elf 6 833 March 4, 2020 at 12:27 am
Last Post: Ranjr
  Hypothetical Trump Resignation (Poll Not Included) BrianSoddingBoru4 21 1423 October 4, 2019 at 9:16 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Trump VS Trump (not exactly political news but I have no idea where to post this) Cepheus Ace 0 36913 February 12, 2019 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  Two Old Pros - Doing Their Thing Minimalist 8 1045 November 28, 2018 at 3:48 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Just when I thought that Donald Trump could not get any dumber... Jehanne 16 2165 November 27, 2018 at 12:27 pm
Last Post: YahwehIsTheWay
  Do those Trump supporters really believe that he is doing a good job? NuclearEnergy 2 987 June 5, 2017 at 9:50 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  I'm awfully confused: how do Trump supporters relate to Trump NuclearEnergy 11 3167 March 7, 2017 at 4:24 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Trump was not wearing translator earpiece during Japan PM speech. The Industrial Atheist 4 1075 February 28, 2017 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: abaris