Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 6:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meanwhile, in Romania - half a million march against the government
Meanwhile, in Romania - half a million march against the government
in
https://www.buzzfeed.com/rosebuchanan/ro...ac5VExGKLW

Quote:Half a million people marched in Romania Sunday night, as anger continues to build against the government.

The protests, which began last week in response to the government’s controversial decree decriminalizing corruption charges, have grown bigger, despite the government’s announcement on Sunday that it was revoking the bill. Some demonstrators say they now want the government of Prime Minister Sorin Grindeanu to resign.

Protesters also fear that despite the late-night abolishment of the corruption decree, the government will attempt to pass an only slightly modified law instead — effectively still freeing a number of officials jailed for small-scale corruption charges.

The people are watching you, dirty politicians.
RE: Meanwhile, in Romania - half a million march against the government
YAY! Poca is the new Min everyone! Big Grin

Instead of complaining about 100% of all cops ever are you just gonna be a Pita 'bout it? Big Grin
(February 7, 2017 at 7:29 am)Alasdair Ham Wrote: YAY! Poca is the new Min everyone! Big Grin

Instead of complaining about 100% of all cops ever are you just gonna be a Pita 'bout it? Big Grin

Not sure what you mean, Ham...
I'm interested in a fair world for everyone... and showing people that their particular corner of the world isn't everything there is.
Stupid Romanian protesters. If the government are not allowed to be corrupt, how are they supposed to get anything done, ffs?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(February 7, 2017 at 7:38 am)pocaracas Wrote:
(February 7, 2017 at 7:29 am)Alasdair Ham Wrote: YAY! Poca is the new Min everyone! Big Grin

I'm interested in a fair world for everyone... and showing people that their particular corner of the world isn't everything there is.

Oh I just meant maybe you can post the articles now lol.
(February 7, 2017 at 8:50 am)Alasdair Ham Wrote:
(February 7, 2017 at 7:38 am)pocaracas Wrote: Not sure what you mean, Ham...

Oh I just meant maybe you can post the articles now lol.

oh... when could I not post them?
(February 7, 2017 at 7:38 am)pocaracas Wrote:

I'm grateful for the OP but find it a bit disconcerting to learn that there actually are other people in the world, dealing with things that aren't all about us.

Go easy on such threads, Poc. My American ego can only handle so much.
I heard about this from someone I know so I don't know if it's exagerated. 

He basically said the government has made it illegal only if they steal above the amount of 24,000 of some currency, but the person in government at the moment stole exactly that amount and therefore won't be in trouble of any sort for it.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

(February 7, 2017 at 10:58 am)paulpablo Wrote: I heard about this from someone I know so I don't know if it's exagerated. 

He basically said the government has made it illegal only if they steal above the amount of 24,000 of some currency, but the person in government at the moment stole exactly that amount and therefore won't be in trouble of any sort for it.

LOL!
A bribe is a bribe, even if it's just a pineapple. At least, that's how I see it.
If the law was about a specific amount, then it should have never even been proposed.
(February 7, 2017 at 7:38 am)pocaracas Wrote: I'm interested in a fair world for everyone... and showing people that their particular corner of the world isn't everything there is.

It's pretty much on the radar where I live. I wouldn't expect it to make global headlines though. Sad thing about it, it's business as usual in Romania. They didn't have a single non corrupt government since 1989. Introducing a law to go lenient on corruption takes the cake though. Far as I understand it though, they rowed back on the bill in the meantime and under pressure.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information The United States has not spent $ 300 million a day on war in Afghanistan. alextruesay 60 3024 August 26, 2021 at 3:35 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Founding fathers view of government Won2blv 38 2287 March 21, 2021 at 11:48 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  The greatest FU to the government this 4th of July Foxaèr 10 1217 June 15, 2020 at 8:35 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Apparently 600 million people voted for Trump.. A Godzilla fan 6 904 October 5, 2019 at 11:53 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Meanwhile, Down on the Border Yonadav 6 794 March 11, 2019 at 12:44 pm
Last Post: Yonadav
  A Good Time For A Government Shutdown TwoKnives99 18 2295 November 19, 2018 at 12:25 am
Last Post: tackattack
  Nearly half of Republicans feel bullied at work Foxaèr 8 2081 October 27, 2018 at 4:13 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Government workers that promote AA Bahana 16 2226 April 7, 2018 at 10:53 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Why does it have to be government vs market? Aegon 15 2993 December 30, 2017 at 11:47 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Half a Loaf Minimalist 5 664 September 30, 2017 at 6:41 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus