Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 9:51 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anyone here heard about Greg Palast?
Has anyone here heard about Greg Palast?
He is a reporter that claims hundreds of thousands of votes got scrubbed from the record for being "invalid."

Has anyone here heard about his claims, and is there any veracity to them? One of his arguments is that the exit polls went in Hillary's favor and I guess exit polls are used in a lot of countries as a check to voter fraud.
RE: Has anyone here heard about Greg Palast?
No, I haven't but his claims are most likely bullshit.
^^^ that
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(February 8, 2017 at 3:15 am)Bella Morte Wrote: No, I haven't but his claims are most likely bullshit.

They're generally not. His reports about vote rigging by Republitraitors in 2000 and 2004 have held up, his reports about crosscheck being a reintroduction of Jim Crow by the back door have held up.

If he makes a claim he always has the documentation to back it up.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
exit polls count votes, not the electoral college results. No one (AFAIK) is disputing the arithmetic for adding up the electoral college stuff, but maybe somebody didn't carry the 2?

so isn't this claim specious/irrelevant ?
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

But doesn't the EC result go along with the vote count per state? Maybe he is saying that in some states votes weren't counted that would have affected the EC result for that state, rather than talking about the nationwide count? Just speculating.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk
Has anyone checked the math on adding up the electoral college results ??

Standards and competencies have plunged since the Reagan era, it's possible the total is incorrect and no one has the brain lobes to notice anymore.

[Image: Idiocracy-e1372009319430.jpg]
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(February 8, 2017 at 4:07 am)SteelCurtain Wrote: ^^^ that

I don't know...he makes some very interesting claims...

Quote:“And here for example in North Carolina we have the exit poll raw data at 2.1% favouring victory by Clinton, yet she loses by 3.8% in the final count. In Pennsylvania 4.4% victory suddenly became a 1.2 % loss; Wisconsin: 3.9% victory becomes a 1% loss; Florida: 1.1% victory becomes a 1% loss.

“In the swing States we have this massive red shift because when people come out of the votes, exit pollsters can only ask, “How did you vote?” What they don’t ask, and can’t, is, “Was your vote counted?””

http://www.gregpalast.com/ethnic-votes-s...eg-palast/

Given that the GOP has openly bragged about limiting Democratic votes with voter ID laws, none of this seems like that big of a stretch.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(February 8, 2017 at 12:33 pm)Faith No More Wrote:
(February 8, 2017 at 4:07 am)SteelCurtain Wrote: ^^^ that

I don't know...he makes some very interesting claims...

Quote:“And here for example in North Carolina we have the exit poll raw data at 2.1% favouring victory by Clinton, yet she loses by 3.8% in the final count. In Pennsylvania 4.4% victory suddenly became a 1.2 % loss; Wisconsin: 3.9% victory becomes a 1% loss; Florida: 1.1% victory becomes a 1% loss.

“In the swing States we have this massive red shift because when people come out of the votes, exit pollsters can only ask, “How did you vote?” What they don’t ask, and can’t, is, “Was your vote counted?””

http://www.gregpalast.com/ethnic-votes-s...eg-palast/

Given that the GOP has openly bragged about limiting Democratic votes with voter ID laws, none of this seems like that big of a stretch.
Until he comes with actual proof that votes were discarded, he's just hand waving.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
I'm sorry...what?   Ballots are -routinely- discarded.  Proof of what no ones even attempting to hide? Proof of what we know occurs, proof of what occurs in perfect accordance to standard operating procedures, proof of them doing what they tell us they're doing?

This "didn't happen" shit is tiresome. Yes, it happened. Why did it happen, was the procedure gamed? What you'll find is that the majorty of the reasons we openly and as a matter of public record discard ballots center around the very things that were manipulated in the runup of voter disenfranchisement laws preceding the election....and that's the "above the board" stuff.....

Or, I suppose..we could continue telling ourselves...like we seem to be telling ourselves alot lately..."no, couldn't happen here, didn't happen, show me the proof!"
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just heard this bat shit insane idea... Brian37 13 1568 July 20, 2018 at 9:46 am
Last Post: Brian37
  IS There Anyone Who Thinks The WLB Has The Smarts To Deal With This Looming Crisis? Minimalist 2 441 December 24, 2017 at 11:05 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  For 8 Years No One Heard A Word From Dubya Minimalist 10 1984 February 28, 2017 at 2:06 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  In Case Anyone Has Forgotten Minimalist 11 1573 June 14, 2016 at 8:13 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Have you heard of Lt. Col. Stanislav Petrov? Ryantology 1 862 January 14, 2014 at 4:59 am
Last Post: Tiberius
  Anyone Else here read Adam Curtis? King_Charles 0 1211 April 17, 2012 at 3:08 am
Last Post: King_Charles
  The Most Honest Politician I've ever heard TheDarkestOfAngels 9 4325 October 26, 2011 at 1:59 am
Last Post: reverendjeremiah
  Has anyone read this little book? Epimethean 2 1469 June 8, 2011 at 11:07 am
Last Post: Epimethean