Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 5:07 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's your favorite thing about the country you live in?
What's your favorite thing about the country you live in?
I have finally decided about what my favorite thing about the country I live in is. When I realized this ice lolly is native to the UK (also in Holland as the company has a headquarters in both countries):

[Image: Walls_Twister_Mini_Green_Naked92-175153.png]

As good as sex.

(By the way that's not vanilla strawberry and lime... that's vanilla strawberry and PEAR and it's amazzzzzzzzzzzzing. I'm not even that fond of pears but this is the lolly of the gods).

So... what's your favorite thing about YOUR country? Big Grin
RE: What's your favorite thing about the country you live in?
They aren't as good as they used to be. Either I've grown into a miserable adult with broken taste-buds or they changed 'em.

I like the UK because my family is here. Other than that the winter is miserable, I get hay-fever in the summer all my favorite things are illegal, over-regulated or unavailable.
Oh and the NHS. The NHS is pretty cool.

I wonder if other countries have free health care without the mega giant waiting lists though?

I don't know. But I do know that this lolly is sex.

(February 8, 2017 at 7:46 pm)Nine Wrote: They aren't as good as they used to be. Either I've grown into a miserable adult with broken taste-buds or they changed 'em.

I like the UK because my family is here. Other than that the winter is miserable, I get hay-fever in the summer all my favorite things are illegal, over-regulated or unavailable.

I had loads when I was a kid and the original flavor is how I remember them.

But they have other flavors. Which are "meh" in the case of most... and DISGUSTING in the case of the full chocolate kind. It's perhaps the one exception when I'd actually experience disgust. Maybe.

But that's only because I'm biting into them and wishing they were this flavor.

ROFLOL

Yes. That's right. I bite into them. When they're straight out the freezer. It's the only decent way to eat a twister.

I think perhaps they're slightly smaller......... butttttttt I think that's because they were huge to my hand when I was a kid Tongue

I'm eating four now. It's heaven. Angel
(February 8, 2017 at 7:46 pm)Alasdair Ham Wrote: Oh and the NHS. The NHS is pretty cool.

I wonder if other countries have free health care without the mega giant waiting lists though?

I don't know. But I do know that this lolly is sex.

(February 8, 2017 at 7:46 pm)Nine Wrote: They aren't as good as they used to be. Either I've grown into a miserable adult with broken taste-buds or they changed 'em.

I had loads when I was a kid and the original flavor is how I remember them.

But they have other flavors. Which are "meh" in the case of most... and DISGUSTING in the case of the full chocolate kind. It's perhaps the one exception when I'd actually experience disgust. Maybe.

But that's only because I'm biting into them and wishing they were this flavor.

ROFLOL

Yes. That's right. I bite into them. When they're straight out the freezer. It's the only decent way to eat a twister.

I think perhaps they're slightly smaller......... butttttttt I think that's because they were huge to my hand when I was a kid Tongue

I'm eating four now. It's heaven. Angel

They're tangy, don't give you brainfreeze and are less than 2 quid, what more do you want  Big Grin
Indeed Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
I'd probably have to choose between relative economic stability or good standards of health/life expectancy. 

Everyone likes good health and cash.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Leaving it.

Tongue
Dying to live, living to die.
The fact that the overwhelming majority of people don't seem to give two steaming shits what religion other people are.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
That gays can marry

The immigrants can come here and settle without fear

That multiculturalism is alive and well

That we have a more or less good relationship with most of the world

That we have a sane voting system

That we have garneted the rights of transgender people

And now were finally going to fix the festering sore that is our abuse of the natives and give them justice
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

The best thing I love about Oz is ....

Oh, yeah, it doesn't have Trump in it!

And our famous 4 n 20 pies now have at least 15% beef in them!
I've actually acquired a love for lips and arseholes now after all these years!

(segui to Vorls)
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who's your favorite serial killer? Foxaèr 9 640 October 6, 2022 at 12:51 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  What's your favorite Weather app? Jehanne 13 1065 July 20, 2022 at 4:29 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  The best thing about ____________ ( fill in blank) onlinebiker 3 295 March 13, 2022 at 12:45 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Anyone visit a volcano, or live near a volcano? Brian37 27 1355 October 21, 2021 at 5:12 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Your favorite species. Brian37 43 1772 August 11, 2021 at 1:03 am
Last Post: Brian37
  I just found the coolest thing on the planet The Valkyrie 5 542 July 14, 2021 at 7:08 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  One thing I hate about the human language. Brian37 13 1059 June 25, 2021 at 11:19 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  24 hours to live onlinebiker 115 5617 January 1, 2021 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Your favorite meat approximation? Gawdzilla Sama 31 1503 August 29, 2020 at 10:07 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Do you have a favorite shark? Brian37 67 2040 July 28, 2020 at 11:36 pm
Last Post: Fireball