Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 1:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there a plan behind religion?
Is there a plan behind religion?
Obviously religion is man made, the question is, is it a perfect accident or an ongoing agenda. When something, with so many red flags, is being taken as seriously as religion, I get worried. Its the simplicity that drives me nuts. Life cant be that simple! How do we not have the cure for cancer, but we know the creator of the whole universe? 1+1 aint equally 2 right now. Plus, now we have the most advanced technology we've ever had. We are way smarter than we were. So, why are we still going with a book thats over 2,000 years old. Does that even makes sense? I used to be a christian so Im talking about the bible right now. Christians admit the bible was written by men, "but its Gods word". How do we know those men were not mentally ill? If I said my homie Moses split the red sea would you believe me? You would say show me the video right? Look, Im not tryna bash christians, but I just want to know, if something so fake is being taken this seriously, does that mean there was intionally a plan? Or was it a perfect accident? I know the law of attraction plays a part because they probably think they are praying, but actually visualizing and manifesting. So either an agenda or a perfect accident?
RE: Is there a plan behind religion?
Firstly welcome matey.
Secondly, RU tryna be a good spella or what!?  lol!   Relax, post an intro for us here so we know who we're talking to...
Thirdly, and above all else, be nice to everyone, including our theists... They are normal good people like you ...with a fetish, that's all.

Catch.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
RE: Is there a plan behind religion?
(February 9, 2017 at 1:02 am)mikeslife Wrote: I just want to know, if something so fake is being taken this seriously, does that mean there was intionally a plan?

Religious belief has evolved right alongside the people who believe it, and there is power in belief and faith. Tens of thousands of years ago, a few scrawny Sapiens might not have overwhelmed a group of Neanderthals, but a hundred of them united by a common belief just might.

When a religion is actually enforced by the state, then hell, you'd better believe it or be ready to fight or flee. This was the situation our ancestors, whomever they might be, have faced for thousands of years. Sometimes they fought, sometimes they fled, and usually they probably believed.

And then there's the matter of explanation and experience. People want to explore and experience the world around them, and they reach out to try to explain it in terms that are familiar to them. Thus, religious, philosophical and mystical beliefs evolve over thousands of years.

There's no "plan" for all of religion, though that is not to say that certain religious organizations don't have very real plans, agendas or intentions.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Plan Rahn127 73 6846 September 27, 2021 at 3:27 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Maybe there's something like a god out there. Ryantology 38 3014 June 5, 2020 at 8:42 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  World War I, religion died in the 20th century, science triumphed in religion in the Interaktive 35 4233 December 24, 2019 at 10:50 am
Last Post: Interaktive
  Psychology behind debating? Or is it just fun to stir the pot once in a while? cosmowanderer 21 5854 September 21, 2015 at 7:51 am
Last Post: Shining_Finger
  Are there people you CANNOT discuss religion with? Mudhammam 19 4296 June 23, 2014 at 1:17 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Is no Religion a Religion. Artur Axmann 76 16558 June 14, 2014 at 4:51 pm
Last Post: Muslim Atheism
  Leaving indoctrination behind Joel 9 2635 March 23, 2013 at 2:03 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Thought process behind atheism michaelbest55 20 6805 January 4, 2013 at 4:49 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  There's no god, Religion is a Lie muhtesem insan 4 2797 February 15, 2011 at 9:23 am
Last Post: leo-rcc