Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 9:10 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Take it down a notch -- for America
Take it down a notch -- for America
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-se...ore-sanity

John Stewart is holding a rally in Washington DC for all the people who are not insane, don't compare everyone to Hitler, believe 9.11 was an "outside Job", and are basically sick of the histrionics. He's going to have ready-made signs like, "I disagree with you, but I'm pretty sure you're not Hitler" I want to go so bad I might eat my hat.

"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
RE: Take it down a notch -- for America
I would LOVE to go to this! John Stewart is one of my favorite people (along with Colbert).

I hope this is real and not just a way of poking fun at Glenn Beck's laughable rally a couple weeks ago.
No, it's real. Stephen Colbert is doing a counter rally "March to keep fear alive"

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
Ah. So these were the dueling announcements they've been going on about for the last week or so. Heheh. Excellent.
Yeah, I am going to try and figure out if I can go. It's a really slim chance I can get people to road trip with me.

I think John Stewart is misguided.
(September 17, 2010 at 1:51 pm)Eilonnwy Wrote: Yeah, I am going to try and figure out if I can go. It's a really slim chance I can get people to road trip with me.

That blows. We live close enough to each other that we could road trip it, but I can't remember the last time I had more than a day to myself to do something like that. Sad
Why would any comedian want to do away with these nuts? They are money in the bank for him?

[Image: political-pictures-teabaggers-work-ethic.jpg]
(September 17, 2010 at 2:14 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Why would any comedian want to do away with these nuts?

If only we could.
I'm disappointed in two things:

1. Jon's false equivocation with the left and right. Bush is a war criminal. It's not shrill to say so. His Iraq war was clearly a war of aggression.

2. Steven should have named his march "restoring truthiness to America". Wink

That said, I'm going to make every effort to go.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  At what point is America no longer a safe place for me to live? TaraJo 41 3825 July 16, 2022 at 8:38 pm
Last Post: TaraJo
  America. Worse than North Korea. deepend 195 7378 March 26, 2022 at 2:05 pm
  Black People - Stop Blaming Racism, Take Responsibility Napoléon 227 25893 March 18, 2022 at 4:21 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Can America ever truly pay for its sins? T.J. 111 7334 January 10, 2022 at 4:17 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Ayn Rand blamed for current state of America Foxaèr 61 3047 June 24, 2021 at 6:17 pm
Last Post: no one
  The Republican America Foxaèr 19 1116 November 23, 2020 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Let’s take their guns BrokenQuill92 141 9577 November 22, 2020 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Make America Nice Again Secular Elf 53 3693 November 9, 2020 at 6:20 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  I'm Getting Real Down On Elizabeth Warren AFTT47 17 1635 November 3, 2019 at 8:11 am
  As Economy Crashes, Democracts Finally Start To Take Impeactment Seriously. ReptilianPeon 28 1829 September 22, 2019 at 3:39 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus