Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 10:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any runners?
Any runners?
I do enjoy a good run. Unforunately my running has been on hiatus ever since my high school years.

However I decided to seriously do it this past month. I am now at 116 miles, since Dec 6th. Man what a difference!

I barely drink anymore (barring the occasional red wine) and eat salds,fruits and veggies on the daily.

My depression hardly exists anymore either.
RE: Any runners?
I run for the bus sometimes... does that count?

Also, I'm Scottish, what the fuck is a vegetable? You can deep fry those, right?
Cunt
Stuck on a treadmill..but hell's yeah.  Sex>runners high>actually high>whiskey.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I used to be a runner in high school as well. Smile

Now a days I run on and off to stay in shape, but it isn't what it used to be. I miss high school.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
Only my nose.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
I'm mainly running on the treadmill while the weathers cold. I usually do 1 12k run and a couple of 5k runs during any given week.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

I'm pretty sure that I suddenly believe in the devil and he is the one that created the concept of running. I will go with the saying to each his own and secretly think that all y'all that like running are crazy. :p

But for real 116 miles is awesome. The best I do is a mile on the elliptical two or three times a week. You are doing awesome. Just curious but how much has that done for you physically since December?
“What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of what it's supposed to be.”

Also if your signature makes my scrolling mess up "you're tacky and I hate you."
(February 9, 2017 at 4:17 pm)frankiej Wrote: I run for the bus sometimes... does that count?

Also, I'm Scottish, what the fuck is a vegetable? You can deep fry those, right?

What is a vegetable? Do you not have a mirror? Big Grin
(February 9, 2017 at 4:14 pm)ThortheMighty Wrote: I do enjoy a good run. Unforunately my running has been on hiatus ever since my high school years.

However I decided to seriously do it this past month. I am now at 116 miles, since Dec 6th. Man what a difference!

I barely drink anymore (barring the occasional red wine) and eat salds,fruits and veggies on the daily.

My depression hardly exists anymore either.

I went for a run this morning. Didn't plan to, but those cops came out of nowhere!
As a teen, I would do wheelchair racing. I'd only practice 2/wk; there were teamies that were much more devoted than me (I stayed between SD and LA doing 5Ks, and they'd go to Spokane, Boston, Oita, Alaska, doing marathons and more). But it was fun. And nowadays, I really enjoy watching cross country running. I like the general rules for the sport, and love how the rules still give lots of leeway as to how a course can be built. It's like rallying, but without a car and with your legs. I also love the colorful but professional uniforms.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan