Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 2:56 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you fill relgion with?
What do you fill relgion with?
Without religion..there is a real void that needs to be filled.

Not even saying religion is good but it fills a void. It provides a community, a purpose larger than yourself.

I don't agree with all the Catholic Church teaches, but I do enjoy mass at some level and the social event it provides.

What do you fill an absence of religion with? Atheism itself does not seem enough
RE: What do you fill relgion with?
There's no emotional void. I don't believe in god, and I'm fascinated by science. Particularly astronomy and aerospace. What do I do on Sundays? I've lost track, really. Most of my schedule is up in the air.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Go to the pub.
Cunt
To assume we need to fill some void where religion is makes you seem very naïve.
“What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of what it's supposed to be.”

Also if your signature makes my scrolling mess up "you're tacky and I hate you."
(February 9, 2017 at 4:20 pm)ThortheMighty Wrote: Without religion..there is a real void that needs to be filled.
Perhaps, for people who once had one.  I wouldn't know.  

Quote:Not even saying religion is good but it fills a void. It provides a community, a purpose larger than yourself.
I'm pretty active in my community, and even if i weren;t i;ve got some screaming heathens that depend on me for basic shit....evn wiping their ass for some odd reason (ever tried to wipe your ass without being able to put your feet on the ground..try it).  Wiping asses is a purpose larger than myself and much larger than any purpose to religion.  

Quote:I don't agree with all the Catholic Church teaches, but I do enjoy mass at some level and the social event it provides.
Then you should go to mass.  That's the same reason that everyone's at mass anyway, catholics don't believe in that shit anymore, lol.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Void?

Dafuq you talkin' 'bout?
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
Hurling your bodies out into the void, without the slightest inkling of who or what is out here. If you had known anything about the true nature of the universe, anything at all, you would've hidden from it in terror
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Go over here. Maybe there are more answers.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Huh? Maybe people with religion are the ones who had a void that needed filling. We had community long before we had organized religion.
Stuff I like
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What human purpose does religion fill? kramazeek 23 6231 September 9, 2015 at 10:22 pm
Last Post: kramazeek