Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 2:36 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teacher suspended for withdrawing rec. letter of student who displayed swasitka
Teacher suspended for withdrawing rec. letter of student who displayed swasitka
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/teac...613136a1af

Two other teachers also received letters of reprimand for talking about it in class.

I hope her union fights this, because I think this is plain ridiculous. At least the Go-Fund me will help her.  20-day suspension without pay for explaining to the college board why she rescinded her letter of recommendation?  Really?  And then two teachers got reprimands for talking about it in class?  Because it's being unfair to the student who decided to make a swastika in class?  What is WRONG with these people.
The whole tone of Church teaching in regard to woman is, to the last degree, contemptuous and degrading. - Elizabeth Cady Stanton
RE: Teacher suspended for withdrawing rec. letter of student who displayed swasitka
Quote:“The student believed that he was being targeted, creating a hostile environment for him by members of the faculty because of his actions,

My, what sensitive nazis our schools are turning out now that the WLB is in office.
RE: Teacher suspended for withdrawing rec. letter of student who displayed swasitka
This is what happens from not wanting to hurt everybodies feelings. Now you can't even offend nazis. This is the bed made by the politically correct left and now they have to lay in it.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
No, I'm pretty sure this is the creation of the politically incorrect right who want freedom from consequences. The same ones who decry 'safe spaces' while wanting their own safe space where they can insult LGBT groups, black people, atheists, Hispanics and everyone else they want without being boycotted or called out on their bigotry. The likes of Justice Samuel Alito who in his Obergefell ruling worried about people who disagree with same sex marriage being labeled 'bigots and treated as such'.
The whole tone of Church teaching in regard to woman is, to the last degree, contemptuous and degrading. - Elizabeth Cady Stanton
Alito should learn that bigots ARE bigots.  Fuck 'em.
(February 10, 2017 at 7:51 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: This is what happens from not wanting to hurt everybodies feelings. Now you can't even offend nazis. This is the bed made by the politically correct left and now they have to lay in it.

Really? I though the left spent the entire election hurting people's feelings by calling everyone racists and Nazis. At least that's what Trump supporters have been saying.

I'm confused. Do we care too much or not enough about racists' feelings?
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
The lesson should be to never write any letters of recommendation.
The right and there spiritual cousins the so non PC left (Sam Harris) want a PC world were we can't call them out as  bigots and they can say the most vile things without opposition . Hell they have there own lexicon of dismissal words if you criticize them your a "SJW" (as if that's an insult) A" cuck" .A "" or they will just call what your saying "buzzwords". Then act as if we should be engaged in a debate on the matter there being a bigot on . Nope no debate your a bigot and I'll call you so . I won't dignify your position  by pretending its something worth debating.

(February 10, 2017 at 8:24 pm)Faith No More Wrote:
(February 10, 2017 at 7:51 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: This is what happens from not wanting to hurt everybodies feelings. Now you can't even offend nazis. This is the bed made by the politically correct left and now they have to lay in it.

Really?  I though the left spent the entire election hurting people's feelings by calling everyone racists and Nazis.  At least that's what Trump supporters have been saying.

I'm confused.  Do we care too much or not enough about racists' feelings?

There position is whatever is convenient at the time
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

I'm wondering when letters of recommendation from a teacher became a right rather than something the teachers gave out on merit?

Wouldn't whether the teacher was justified to withdrawal the recommendation depend on what the recommendation said?

If the letter said "the little tyke is a child prodigy in math", or "he shows every indication of running a marathon in under 2 hours", then the teacher would be amiss to withdraw the letter on account of the student making swastikas, and should receive some reprimand.

But if the letter said "the kid is an asset to the community and a beacon of upstanding morality", then perhaps the withdrawal is natural and the student had it coming.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Florida teacher faces investigation for playing Disney movie zebo-the-fat 5 553 May 17, 2023 at 6:07 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  Should Hungary be suspended from EU? Mr Greene 1 241 April 5, 2020 at 4:11 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious
  Swedish student prevents the deportation of an immigrant WinterHold 0 330 July 26, 2018 at 2:20 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  White Supremacist Teacher Outed By Huffington chimp3 31 3291 March 6, 2018 at 3:25 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Charlie Rose Suspended From CBS And PBS For Sexual Harrassment A Theist 44 5830 November 22, 2017 at 7:52 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Student sits during pledge of allegiance; gets chair kicked out from beneath him Foxaèr 114 14337 October 31, 2017 at 2:05 am
Last Post: Court Jester
  Roger Goodell sends letter to NFL teams Foxaèr 97 12420 October 20, 2017 at 4:35 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Racist letter sent to day care center Catholic_Lady 51 8482 October 11, 2017 at 8:33 am
Last Post: John V
  Otto Warmbier, Student Imprisoned By North Korea Has Died A Theist 25 5676 June 22, 2017 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Religion teacher has Naked Twister on daughter's 16th b-day Fake Messiah 59 9539 July 11, 2016 at 7:28 pm
Last Post: Excited Penguin