Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 10:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are humans Gods? (article by an atheist)
Are humans Gods? (article by an atheist)
[Image: I9rDHhS.png]

I recently encountered a 'scientific' definition of God: 

God is any probably non omniscient entity with the ability to engineer artificial intelligence, that may probably exceed the intellect of its creators.

Question:

We engineer our own brains constantly, in a way that smarter versions of ourselves may emerge.

In the similar way to how a hypothetical God-like (as per 'scientific' definition abovesuper artificial intelligence would update itself (creating smarter versions of itself, probably similar to how today's artificial neural nets update themselves), are humans already Gods?
RE: Are humans Gods?
Sure.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
Welcome to AF

How about an intro thread and you tell us about you !
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

You forgot to use 'albeit' and 'betwixt'.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
RE: Are humans Gods? (article by an atheist)
(February 11, 2017 at 6:33 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote: You forgot to use 'albeit' and 'betwixt'.

Huh?
Hi! I'm Thena, venerable Voodoo Goddess of the Pork Chop Sammich and Delightfully Colorful Betta Fish.

Pleased to make your acquaintance, Mortal!
(February 11, 2017 at 6:38 pm)Thena323 Wrote: Hi! I'm Thena, venerable Voodoo Goddess of the Pork Chop Sammich and Delightfully Colorful Betta Fish.

Pleased to make your acquaintance, Mortal!

Any thoughtful answer apart from jokes?
Hey Programming God, how've you been?
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
(February 11, 2017 at 6:42 pm)Aegon Wrote: Hey Programming God, how've you been?

Coding is not for me, so I am no programming god...
Definitely no programming god. But you smell so bad I'm going to have to do something about the stinky sock situation we have here.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bullshit "I'm an atheist but atheism is evil" article in the Grauniad boils my blood GUBU 13 1958 March 30, 2021 at 6:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Anyone see gods not dead? Thegoodatheist 76 29210 March 13, 2021 at 11:07 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Are humans half aliens? Human DNA question Signa92 14 1885 December 30, 2018 at 12:34 am
Last Post: Rahn127
  Most humans aren't too logical when it comes to world views and how to go about it. Mystic 28 3817 October 9, 2018 at 8:59 am
Last Post: Alan V
  Mankind is actually building "Gods" Face2face 6 2139 December 11, 2017 at 12:47 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Pathos article atheists can identify with. Brian37 6 2185 September 19, 2017 at 10:50 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Could Gods hypothetically be atheistic scientists? causal code 5 2586 August 24, 2017 at 12:17 am
Last Post: Astonished
  Good Wikipedia article on the History of Atheism. Jehanne 6 1626 April 5, 2017 at 12:45 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Why God is scientifically redefinable (an atheist article snippet) MadaraUchihuh 4 1392 March 10, 2017 at 9:24 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  I fear hell, and this article made things worse for me. What do you guys think? arda101 26 4622 February 5, 2017 at 7:38 am
Last Post: Autolite