Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 4:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the weirdest video game you've ever played?

This is definitely the weirdest video game I've ever played:

Perhaps I should say "That isn't an indie game". I think indie games are cheating because they're often super weird Tongue

I'd ban Japanese games too but that would be totally racist Tongue

So, what is the weirdest video game you've ever played?
RE: What is the weirdest video game you've ever played?
The first game that comes to mind is Tomba, where you play a pink haired man who has to beat evil pigs.  

There's some odd parts of the game where you have to eat mushrooms that change your mood.

I got thrill kill before it was banned which is a fighting game which has characters like a dominatrix, evil doctor, some huge mammoth guy, lots of blood and gore.  They basically beat each other to death but the game was flawed because the obvious best character was a huge mammoth looking man.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

(February 13, 2017 at 7:32 pm)paulpablo Wrote: The first game that comes to mind is Tomba, where you play a pink haired man who has to beat evil pigs.  

Oh my god, it's so rare I encounter someone who has played that!! It was so good.

But, the strangest game I have ever played is LSD dream simulator. Trippy doesn't even begin to describe it.
Cunt
Personally, I don't play video games very often (because I don't really have the proper hand-eye coordination for it); the only games on my iPad are card games, puzzle games, and Goat Simulator. However, I have watched a few Let's Plays, so here's three (because it's the maximum number of videos I can put in a post) of the weirdest video games I've discovered (all through the Angry Video Game Nerd):

This one has the strangest gameplay and premise I've ever seen in a game:

This isn't really a game, just a romcom photonovel in video game form with some really insane elements:

And now the most indescribable game in history:

Also, something I discovered about this game that James shows, but doesn't mention: you can get the maximum possible score by (I shit you not) going in reverse at the beginning.

There may be other strange video games the AVGN covered, but I can't do more than 3 videos per post.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Vertical Hold.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I've pretty much only ever played one video game (once) so by default:

Grand Theft Auto

And I was horrible at it.

(I'm assuming topic is for home computer games, other wise I have played some pinball arcade type stand alone games, the one I remember clearest is PacMan. I'm also assuming we aren't counting Atari either)
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Deus Ex Machina on the Commodore 64, definitely. Fantastic soundtrack in an unashamedly Shakespearian vein, wonderful cast including Jon Pertwee, Frankie Howerd and Ian Dury, bizarrely esoteric gameplay. Now something of a cult classic, I understand.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
The one where I played as an elf boy who wears a green get-up complete with a floppy, pointy hat and saves the world through a combination of swordplay, archery and ocarina-playing was pretty wacky.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM

I had a Radio Shack Color Computer version of this.  Pigs with bows and arrows, shooting down wolves with balloons.

Honourable mentions to the live-video + puzzle game Noctropolis and to the FPS Rise of the Triad (although I can't play shooters any more because of motion sickness).
Wow that CrazyBus has the best soundtrack ever.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Final Fantasy 3 video game Sweden83 1 1118 March 12, 2022 at 10:40 pm
Last Post: TaraJo
  Video Game Reviews T.J. 10 1839 November 17, 2021 at 7:53 pm
Last Post: T.J.
  Factorio - Second Highest Rated Steam Game Ever Edwardo Piet 33 4082 June 10, 2018 at 7:07 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Video game frame rates??? Jehanne 8 752 February 26, 2018 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Has anyone else ever played Magic Carpet 1 or 2? Edwardo Piet 6 807 October 1, 2017 at 3:10 pm
Last Post: pocaracas
  My Homemade Video Game Mechaghostman2 9 2977 August 24, 2017 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: Mechaghostman2
  Neil Tyson "making" video game Fake Messiah 1 582 July 22, 2017 at 12:51 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Favorite video game soundtracks/songs/scores ApeNotKillApe 89 12420 January 30, 2017 at 11:21 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  Car enthusiast or love cars and fixing them this game is for you. dyresand 13 2086 November 3, 2016 at 12:06 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  The "Have you played [...]?" game Edwardo Piet 16 2239 December 3, 2015 at 6:27 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet