Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 3:34 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I had a horrible experience with Dell.
I had a horrible experience with Dell.
So a few months ago, I got an Alienware Alpha desktop gaming computer and I was pretty happy with it at the time, but two weeks later the PC wouldn't turn back on and instead would flash 5 yellow blinking lights. I figured it was no big deal, I sent in the PC and about a week later they sent it back.

A week after getting the PC back it wouldn't turn on again. I call and figured out all they did was reset the CMOS battery and send it back, even though the note they gave me said they replaced the mother board.

So I send it back again and I just got it back today. 2 hours after getting it back the PC flashes the yellow blinking lights. I was able to temporarily keep it alive with a power drain then a reboot but if I turn it off again then it wont turn back on. I call and tell them my issue and how many times I called and I was told I couldn't get a refund. I also ask if they actually replaced the motherboard this time and she said no. I then asked if I could just replace my system and the support agent told me it was unlikely. She reassured me saying that a new policy was implemented recently and if she submitted a special request to the repair team to actually replace my motherboard then they are required to. So I will get the shipping info and I will have to send it in for repair for the 3rd time now.

I'm willing to put money on them sending it back broken again.
I don't recommend buying a PC from Dell.
RE: I had a horrible experience with Dell.
No surprises here. Dell has always sucked.
This higher end laptops have always been good to me. Desktops? Meh
(February 14, 2017 at 2:41 am)Jesster Wrote: No surprises here. Dell has always sucked.

I really wish I would've built my own, I really expect them to keep sending it back temporarily fixed until my warranty runs out and I'm screwed.
After many years of looking after our corporate desktops/notebooks I can never again recommend Dell, HP, or Toshiba to anyone. I know I'm wrong in generalising, but that's how I feel.

Ever since we started buying Asus, all was well.

(I had 3 Toshiba notebook motherboards go 3 weeks after the 12 month warranty expired.)
I asked Toshiba to repair them under warranty, they said I should've bought extended warranty.
I said if I did that, then their products wouldn't even be competitive as Asus has always had a 2 year international warranty as standard. Toshiba did end up repairing them for good will, but still, never again will I buy.

I think I've changed all Dell notebook keyboards 2 or 3 times on all of them!
HP's weren't bad machines but had some bad models with a design fault they HP ignored even though there were thousands of users with the same problem. No problem Mr HP, have a nice day...
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
I have a Asus model.

Screen says some non sequitur "Republic of Gamers" when I turn it on.

It is fast, way better than any of the $125 refurb laptops I've had 3 of.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

My last two laptops have both been Dells, the first a refurb that lasted 3 years before I spilled on the keyboard, and my current one new off the shelf and less than a year old. I've been happy with both ... or lucky, perhaps?

I'm used to dealing with PC manufacturers for my customers, they are all a fucking nightmare.
Most brands are fairly shoddy in build nowadays, but I'd say HP and Toshiba are the worst for that. Toshiba have just gone downhill with most of their products, including televisions.
HP have some decent specs for price, but the saving is definitely made on the build quality. Pretty much just a fancy cardboard box.
Cunt
I got one of the higher end DELL laptops about 8 years ago. Very good performance, the casing though was less than optimal, with the touchpad built in under mechanical stress, causing cracks next to it. The high powered CPU I had ordered produced waaaaaay too much heat on the entire casing including the keyboard, making cpu intensive work quite uncomfortable and sometimes even inhibiting touchpad functionality. They should have never sold this configuration.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Never really had a problem with my Toshiba in the 6 or so years i had it, other than of course, in that time, it got wildly out of date in terms of being able to play games, but that's not exactly a fault with the laptop itself Tongue

My current HP is pretty good, runs things pretty well, no issues yet Tongue

Used to have a Dell desktop, and god did that suck ass.

(Now we have a Toshiba desktop (I think at least) and a HP all in one PC. Weird, thinking about it, considering that we did the same with laptops as well...)
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. For if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes unto you."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] A thought I had about some people's view on some things medical and other things ShinyCrystals 15 799 October 22, 2023 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: ShinyCrystals
  Headaches and your Personal Experience. Disagreeable 26 882 February 11, 2022 at 12:54 pm
Last Post: Duty
  had had and the lexical ambiguity Rhizomorph13 4 351 March 4, 2020 at 4:14 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  I never had hangover. purplepurpose 15 1339 February 25, 2020 at 9:11 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  If Jesus had ascended into Heaven... Jehanne 23 2069 May 13, 2019 at 7:38 am
Last Post: madog
  I had no idea my ex wife was in the neighborhood onlinebiker 3 541 January 21, 2019 at 9:35 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  You had one job! Mr.Obvious 7 1230 December 7, 2018 at 8:31 am
Last Post: viocjit
  Any of you guys experience this? (Part 2) Foxaèr 6 1697 June 18, 2018 at 2:26 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Anyone else had an AF meet up? About to lose my virginity Whateverist 52 8570 April 29, 2018 at 9:12 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Any other guys experience this? Foxaèr 61 8486 April 16, 2018 at 11:01 am
Last Post: johan