Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 9:43 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ghostbusters did it again? Shushing down imdb boards
Ghostbusters did it again? Shushing down imdb boards
So if you're been recently on imdb you could have seen they are closing the boards on Feb. 20th.

Here's part of the statement:
As part of our ongoing effort to continually evaluate and enhance the customer experience on IMDb, we have decided to disable IMDb's message boards on February 20, 2017... After in-depth discussion and examination, we have concluded that IMDb's message boards are no longer providing a positive, useful experience for the vast majority of our more than 250 million monthly users worldwide.

To me this yells "Ghostbusters" because this was I think when that place was brought to the public eye. Critics who mostly give it favorable reviews raved about supposed "sexist trolls" on imdb that are leading hate campaign against that movie only because it has all-female cast. For instance you can see Mark Kermode's review of that movie on youtube to see what I mean.
So I guess it is better for corporate heads to shush down places like that where people can quickly out the shysters.
RE: Ghostbusters did it again? Shushing down imdb boards
https://atheistforums.org/thread-47721.html
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(February 14, 2017 at 7:29 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: https://atheistforums.org/thread-47721.html

ooops Blush Maybe someone could erase this topic?
(February 14, 2017 at 7:26 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote: So if you're been recently on imdb you could have seen they are closing the boards on Feb. 20th.

Here's part of the statement:
As part of our ongoing effort to continually evaluate and enhance the customer experience on IMDb, we have decided to disable IMDb's message boards on February 20, 2017... After in-depth discussion and examination, we have concluded that IMDb's message boards are no longer providing a positive, useful experience for the vast majority of our more than 250 million monthly users worldwide.

To me this yells "Ghostbusters" because this was I think when that place was brought to the public eye. Critics who mostly give it favorable reviews raved about supposed "sexist trolls" on imdb that are leading hate campaign against that movie only because it has all-female cast. For instance you can see Mark Kermode's review of that movie on youtube to see what I mean.
So I guess it is better for corporate heads to shush down places like that where people can quickly out the shysters.

The ghost busters movie was a racist dumb piece of shit movie. 
It wasn't funny or good it was terrible. The fact that they took Ernie Hudsons character
in the ghostbusters movie he was well educated person (note i didn't black) and turned that character
into the most racist annoying stereotype. Note all the ghost busters had some type of college education and they were masters
in their fields  in this is just... poor excuse for writing. 

in all honesty they have the scripts from the movies 1 2 and 3 (which is a game) and could remake the movie series since the actors are getting older.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(February 15, 2017 at 3:41 am)Fake Messiah Wrote:
(February 14, 2017 at 7:29 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: https://atheistforums.org/thread-47721.html

ooops  Blush Maybe someone could erase this topic?

I'm upset IMDB is killing their message board, I don't mind having 2 threads (this occasion) to emphasize my aggravate.

Sleepy
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Navaros is gonna have to find a new place to talk about God's Almighty Penis.
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
(February 15, 2017 at 8:46 am)dyresand Wrote: The ghost busters movie was a racist dumb piece of shit movie. 
It wasn't funny or good it was terrible. The fact that they took Ernie Hudsons character
in the ghostbusters movie he was well educated person (note i didn't black) and turned that character
into the most racist annoying stereotype.

Stop right there. Jones character was not a rewrite of Hudson - but hey, why would we assume it's a targeted caricature replacement unless there's an apriori assumption you've already made on the part of Hudson.

(February 15, 2017 at 8:46 am)dyresand Wrote: Note all the ghost busters had some type of college education and they were masters
in their fields  in this is just... poor excuse for writing. 

Really? My sister and mom watched that movie and came back talking about how cutting the academic jokes were, how the movie focused on friendship and ultimately how fun the whole endeavor was.

... Kind of like how the original Ghostbusters was for me!

Yeah, I first listened to sour grapetards like you regarding the new Ghostbusters. Until real people close to me actually saw it and contradicted the narrative pushed by Milo Yiannopolis.

I guess that's when I realized I had been had.

(February 15, 2017 at 8:46 am)dyresand Wrote: in all honesty they have the scripts from the movies 1 2 and 3 (which is a game) and could remake the movie series since the actors are getting older.

The Thing Prequel came from a prior script that wasn't done and it was AWFUL.

Score that as a counter argument of "well they had scripts!" Yeah, so did a follow up to one of the most famous of horror movies ever made.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
I thought the new Ghostbusteres movie was absolutely horrible.  I didn't mind the all female cast.  And I actually love Melissa McArthy.  But she always plays the same character, put down throughout the movie (in this one it was the wantons which reinforced how pathetic her character was) only to come back and be the hero in the end.

The casting was just bad.  McArthy's character was just dumb.  McKinnon's character was fucking weird, and not in a good "Venkman" way, just in the regular "fucking weird" way.  Jone's character didn't make any sense.  "Ah!  A ghost!  I'm so scared of ghosts!  I think I'll join the Ghostbusters where I'll be around that which I fear greatly on a regular basis."  The transition from "I saw a ghost and it scared me" to "I want to be a Ghostbuster" just didn't make any damned sense.  That's mostly because there was no "transition" to speak of.  Wiig's character was all right, but I just didn't care about that character in the least.  Maybe she came off as a little whiny or bland.  I don't know.  All I know is I didn't care about the character.  And Hemsworth's character was a total disaster.  That was just plain stupid.  A guy so dumb that he gets tired of the lenses of his glasses getting smudged so he takes out the lenses, but continues to wear the frames?  Come on.  What purpose did that serve?  It wasn't funny, it was stupid.

If you enjoyed it, great.  I did not.  People tend to not want you to compare it to the original.  They want you to look at it as its own movie.  But you know what?  The movie wasn't called Ghost Hunters Knockoff Movie, it was called Ghostbusters.  That name gives it a legacy to live up to and it simply did not.  It was filled with cheap laughs barely better than potty humor, dumb jokes which weren't funny, forced plot progression and some just plain really, REALLY bad casting and character choices.  In 30 years time there will still be only one Ghostbusters anyone cares about, and it won't be this one.  The cast of the original played new, unique characters, specific to the roll.  In the new one McArthy brought her standard, "Look how pathetic I am, but I'm still pretty cool" character that she has played in everything else of hers I've seen, Wiig was unremarkable, McKinnon was a damned weirdo, Jones didn't make sense and Hemswroth should be shot for ever taking up acting.  It was like a bunch of 6 year old kids trying to make mommy and daddy laugh by ad-libbing THE movie, but none of them can remember quite how it went.  It certainly wasn't anywhere near the mature humor of the first, settling instead for cheap, unremarkable and, mostly, not funny slapstick.
Have you ever noticed all the drug commercials on TV lately?  Why is it the side effects never include penile enlargement or super powers?
Side effects may include super powers or enlarged penis which may become permanent with continued use.  Stop taking Killatol immediately and consult your doctor if you experience penis enlargement of more than 3 inches, laser vision, superhuman strength, invulnerability, the ability to explode heads with your mind or time travel.  Killatoll is not for everyone, especially those who already have convertibles or vehicles of ridiculous size to supplement penis size.
I didn't like the first GB movie.  I thought the editing paced the movie grossly too slow.  For me it was an excruciating watch.  Never watched the recent remake, apparently I missed nothing.

Tongue

(February 15, 2017 at 4:52 pm)Asmodee Wrote:

I'm waiting for it to come out on TV, because your review sounds pretty much like what I was expecting.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Burning down the House Brian37 12 1166 December 11, 2020 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  California High Capacity Magazine Ban Shot Down. onlinebiker 73 2358 August 25, 2020 at 1:37 am
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  St. Louis attorneys draw down on protestors passing by. Gawdzilla Sama 97 5414 July 20, 2020 at 9:10 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Bounty Hunters found not guilty in case of gunning down innocent black man Cecelia 21 1470 August 3, 2019 at 8:49 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  ACA Struck down by TX federal judge. brewer 33 4160 December 18, 2018 at 4:18 am
Last Post: Amarok
  One Trump Loving Confederate Asshole Goes Down In Flames Minimalist 25 2995 November 8, 2018 at 8:59 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Donald Trump shuts down EPA's climate change website. Jehanne 6 828 November 4, 2018 at 8:55 pm
Last Post: Joods
  California Requires Women on Corp Boards by law. brewer 49 3921 October 11, 2018 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: Dr H
  Racism is still strong down here Losty 15 1305 September 16, 2018 at 8:03 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  A Trip Down Memory Lane Minimalist 4 475 September 7, 2018 at 3:54 pm
Last Post: Minimalist