Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 5:31 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello
Hello
I have recently joined several forums and am tired of introducing so I'll keep it brief. I will come back and expand later.
RE: Hello
OK, well, you're just as much of a stranger as before you posted this. Could you at least cut and paste from another, more meaningful intro? 

Nice to meet you?
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Yes, c172, I will copy and paste.

Hello forum,

I am an atheist. If Richard Dawkins scale is valid, I'd score between 6-7. I am from Sydney, Australia. I am an aspiring architect whilst finishing a professional accreditation degree at a university. At heart, I am an artist and a budding novelist. Creative works may be found on my personal website - and I'll provide the URL upon request. However, I'd like to consider myself an intellectual synthesist - I love reading and discussing in areas including physics, philosophy, technology, artificial intelligence, history, humanities, archaeology, architectural design and arts. Politically, I'm a Greenie but at heart I am a libertarian/anarchist - though I fluctuate between democracy and libertarianism/anarchism.

In a closer view of my life, ups and downs, I have a severe hearing loss since birth. I suffered from the onset of psychosis at 16 and was diagnosed a year later. I am on medication but still suffer from side effects including drowsiness and sleepiness. Coincidentally with the onset of psychosis, I had developed a reductionist worldview, much influenced by reading a lot of physics and philosophy - this might have affected my creativity but I'm keeping up well with creative endeavours. Somewhat I've become nihilistic and suffered from existentialistic crisis. Atheistically speaking, I was always an atheist regardless of attending religious festivals - I couldn't be bothered about god and was never active in prayers or religiosity. I started identifying with atheism strongly since I looked up the word at 16. Since the onset of puberty, I've developed same-sex urges and wet dreams, thereby clearly identifying as gay. I was closeted until in the mid 20s. Marriage equality isn't legalised in Australia, and I'm having a hard time trying to be happy.

I hope to enjoy the forum.
Hi and welcome! Smile
Howdy!
Cunt
That copypasta saved you. You were barely passing the Turing test for a minute there. Big Grin

Welcome! Smile
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
Hello.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Welcome matey....

Jimbo from Melbourne.

You'll like it here....you're allowed to feed the theists but ironically they're only allowed bananas and peanuts, ok... Hehehe...
Catch...
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Welcome

We grow our Aussie contingent... yes... yesss.....
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
You sound like an interesting guy, Adventurer. I hope you find us interesting as well.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Hello Hello loush 17 5973 December 13, 2010 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: theophilus
  Hello hello! DgyJff 8 3646 August 30, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: RachelSkates