Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 8:44 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st 100 days?
1st 100 days?
Hello everyone.  I enjoy studying history, US presidents, and especially American presidential history.  I'm at a loss for words right now.  I just want to ask, one thing... I know 'how' this happened, but tell me 'why' did this happen? Makes no sense to me... Kelly Ann, Katrina, Spicy, the Donald, Pence, One and Two Corinthinans, etc.. How did T-Rump earn the lowest approval rating of any newly elected president in modern history in less than one month in office?
RE: 1st 100 days?
Try it as an analogy. Over the years, you've had various people work on your car. Some of these mechanics did a terrific job, some were terrible, but all of them at least kept your car running until another mechanic came along. In misguided desperation, you hire a mechanic who, until he came to work for you, had only heard of cars. He'd seen a few, but had never driven one, and had certainly never tried to fix one. He first act as your new mechanic is to attempt to repair your brakes by jamming a cheese-covered cabbage into the air cleaner. Might that not erode your confidence a bit?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Quote: How did T-Rump earn the lowest approval rating of any newly elected president in modern history in less than one month in office?

He's psychotic.
He sucks at the job.  Not really surprising.  The folks who hired him weren't exactly experts themselves.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
How did it happen? Long odds were beaten because:

1. The same number of people who showed up to vote for Obama didn't show up for Hillary.
2. Votes that should've gone to Hillary went for hopeless third party candidates
3. Conservatives who didn't like Trump, but would vote for their children to be thrown into a volcano before not voting Republican
4. And last but certainly not least, there are lot of stupid fucking Americans. This cannot be understated. The decades-long diet of Rush Limbaugh and his radio brethren, together with Fox News and the rise of right wing sites, along with the shocking phenomenon of aggressively and purposefully disseminated made up news made these people vulnerable to someone like Trump.
(February 16, 2017 at 12:54 pm)Khemikal Wrote: He sucks at the job.  Not really surprising.  The folks who hired him weren't exactly experts themselves.

Yeah that's pretty much it – monumental incompetence explains a lot.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I always try to recognize when I sound like the nut jobs who hated Obama for crazy reasons like his wife being a man or whatever, so even at the risk of sounding overly paranoid I entertain the idea that biased news outlets and the Internet with its ability read what you like and give you more of it played a huge role in dividing the country. Why Trump happened is because his base already existed, he's just a reflection. So why his base happened should be the question.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
Trump happened because people are fucking idiots.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking forward to 3 days of hearings? Brian37 3 368 February 27, 2019 at 12:21 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Andrew McCabe fired just days before retirement c172 20 2692 March 18, 2018 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Kelly's Days Are Numbered Minimalist 22 4932 September 2, 2017 at 7:56 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  This is awkward, but...whatever happened to defeating ISIS in 30 days? NuclearEnergy 9 3844 May 24, 2017 at 8:39 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  The Real Election is 2 days away!! Jehanne 47 8092 December 23, 2016 at 5:55 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Trump in his first 100 days Manowar 14 3343 November 10, 2016 at 3:04 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  Trump outlines plan for first 100 days account_inactive 22 2238 October 24, 2016 at 12:16 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Yes. You are 100% Right Minimalist 14 2086 October 15, 2016 at 1:50 pm
Last Post: Chas
  New Nork Voter Purge: Party afflliation of over 100,000 Democrats changed ReptilianPeon 5 1059 April 20, 2016 at 6:18 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  What's $100 billion among friends? Minimalist 18 2535 February 28, 2016 at 12:22 am
Last Post: vorlon13