Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 7:34 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The bible teaches that there is no immortal soul and that death is the end MIND BLOWN
The bible teaches that there is no immortal soul and that death is the end MIND BLOWN
And that death is actually the end... mind blown 

Lmfao

Posting all this stuff since its pretty much shares our beliefs....

Who would have thought?  Clap

RE: The bible teaches that there is no immortal soul and that death is the end MIND BLOWN
Well, the point of the resurrection stories of some christian sects is to provide a means for the life that comes after death.  The dead lie, for now, in their graves, and will be resurrected again to live come judgement time, or whatevs.  Those that are not resurrected..yeah, well and truly dead.  The end.

I see that some of your sources have a witness bent...so, that viewpoint is to be expected.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
RE: The bible teaches that there is no immortal soul and that death is the end MIND BLOWN
I feel like Drich here: book, chapter, and verse?
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
I strongly suspect it will come largely from the Old Testament, since the Jews tend to not have much of a concept of an afterlife, at best like the Greek Underworld, only a bit more boring,
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
It would be cool if xtians all accepted that an afterlife was a bogus notion. If they still honored their faith without the promise of future candy I'd have a lot more respect for the whole enterprise.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Veridical NDEs: Evidence/Proof of the Soul and the After-Life? Nishant Xavier 32 1641 August 6, 2023 at 5:36 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  No soul? No free will and no responsibility then, yet the latter's essential... Duty 33 4059 August 26, 2020 at 4:35 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Maybe there's something like a god out there. Ryantology 38 2959 June 5, 2020 at 8:42 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Arguments against Soul FlatAssembler 327 23328 February 20, 2020 at 11:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Humanist marriages 'least likely to end in divorce' Duty 20 3431 March 11, 2019 at 1:56 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  If the existence of an enduring soul was proven... Gawdzilla Sama 45 4585 November 26, 2018 at 5:17 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  List of religious end times/Second coming of Jesus predictions purplepurpose 13 4166 November 22, 2018 at 2:14 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  How would Abrahamic religions end? mota 18 8677 August 2, 2018 at 6:56 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  brainwashing & mind control techniques purplepurpose 6 1712 November 24, 2017 at 10:14 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Changing ones mind about a subject Sal 23 2615 November 21, 2017 at 11:52 am
Last Post: Shell B