Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 9:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One Month into his term, Trump goes....back on the campaign trail?
One Month into his term, Trump goes....back on the campaign trail?
That's right folks!  Not only did he apply for re-election 4 days after winning, he's decided to begin holding campaign rallies starting this weekend.  

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/16/us/po....html?_r=0

Quote:Not long after, in a posting on Twitter, Mr. Trump invited his nearly 25 million followers to attend the Saturday evening event, which will take place just up the coast from his Mar-a-Lago retreat in Palm Beach where he plans to spend the weekend. It will be his third weekend in a row on Florida’s Gold Coast.

This is pretty crazy, I think.  What could the purpose of this be?  Does he think he needs 4 years of campaigning to win in 2020?  This goes way beyond normal politics.  If Obama or Clinton had done this, they would have been skewered alive.  I'm sure his supporters will find some reason why his doing it is awesome, though.

My personal take on this: His fragile ego has been a bit deflated by that mean old press reporting on what he's actually doing, so he needs his blinders-on fans to come stroke him until he's erect again.  I fully expect him to hold frequent rallies, so he can keep getting the gratification he requires to keep his illusion of being well loved and supported intact.

Also note, he's golfing for his 3rd weekend in a row.  Now I personally think the president needs time to unwind, it's clearly a stressfull job!  But in this case, it's more rank hypocrisy form a person who said "Can you believe that, with all of the problems and difficulties facing the U.S., President Obama spent the day playing golf. Worse than Carter."

I'm sure he "meant" something other than what he "said", amiright???
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
RE: One Month into his term, Trump goes....back on the campaign trail?
That exactly what this is. He wants to get back to what he's good at: spectacle.

I'm not sure this will work, but here's a link to a CNN tweet with a short video of his ego getting bruised.
https://twitter.com/CNN/status/832313098887450625

There's probably a way to get the video embedded here but I wouldn't know how.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
He may have taken cues from our Ex PM who use to run thinly  cloaked political  ads . For a program that never really existed as advertised . This became such a big deal parodies of it pop up on 22 minutes constantly such as the following.

Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

It's not like there's work to do...
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(February 16, 2017 at 5:26 pm)Aroura Wrote: This is pretty crazy, I think.  What could the purpose of this be?

Given his nature, this isn't crazy at all. He can only rule as a populist, since the media is ripping him a new one. Inciting people is the only thing he's good at, so he goes for that option.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
He's literally the silliest president
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
(February 16, 2017 at 6:48 pm)Exian Wrote: He's literally the silliest president

Only because this is the silliest of countries. But we did manage to almost get away with pretending otherwise.
(February 16, 2017 at 7:32 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote: Only because this is the silliest of countries.   But we did manage to almost get away with pretending otherwise.

Don't forget the Philippines. They elected a self proclaimed murderer.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Hillary may run again for reelection:

http://www.electoral-vote.com/evp2017/Pr...tml#item-4

I wonder when Trump is going to start referring to her again as a "crook"??
(February 17, 2017 at 5:40 am)abaris Wrote:
(February 16, 2017 at 7:32 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote: Only because this is the silliest of countries.   But we did manage to almost get away with pretending otherwise.

Don't forget the Philippines. They elected a self proclaimed murderer.

But the Phillipinos didn't put Duterte in charge of 4108 deployed nuclear warheads.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are conservatives in this country trying to turn 'Murica into Nazi Germany? Foxaèr 11 1417 May 6, 2022 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Conservatives, COVID, Agency and Autism, some insights into political worldviews Rev. Rye 5 554 January 10, 2021 at 1:31 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Congressional Term Limits Aristocatt 30 2727 January 2, 2021 at 9:50 pm
Last Post: Aristocatt
  Republican Representative compares his party's fight to Imperial Japanese Soldiers Rev. Rye 2 270 November 24, 2020 at 10:12 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Concert in support of Biden campaign Foxaèr 8 510 October 25, 2020 at 5:07 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Are Christians trying to turn US into a theocracy? Fake Messiah 11 744 October 8, 2020 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 1001 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Campaign Conundrum onlinebiker 1 282 June 23, 2020 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  trump the republican asks communist china to investigate his potential election rival Anomalocaris 10 1048 October 4, 2019 at 10:18 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  trump announces his bid for reelection! Drich 154 14043 July 18, 2019 at 12:40 pm
Last Post: WinterHold