Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 1:31 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How long will Christians wait for Jesus?
How long will Christians wait for Jesus?
One really wonders how long this can go on. Will there come a day when Christianity revises this claim, or will it simply let it go? Will they be eagerly awaiting him in the year 3000? If so, what about five thousand years from now? Ten thousand years?
RE: How long will Christians wait for Jesus?
Ignoring that teaching, just like the one on divorce and being more pious Jews than the Jewish leaders 2000 years ago.

Please don't confuse Christians with bible trivia, especially when it's crap from Jesus that they are already sure is wrong.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Until hell freezes over.

Who didn't see that coming?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
June 12, 1757. Already happened.
<insert profound quote here>
(February 17, 2017 at 10:18 am)Neo-Scholastic Wrote: June 12, 1757. Already happened.

I was under the impression that you were drifting toward Catholicism. Firmly back in the Swedenborgian camp, huh?
Forever and ever, amen.
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
The answer can be found here
Jesus is like Pinocchio.  He's the bastard son of a carpenter. And a liar. And he wishes he was real.
(February 17, 2017 at 10:18 am)Neo-Scholastic Wrote: June 12, 1757. Already happened.

Well it cant have been a big deal.
Like the contestants on "celebrity big brother" I've never heard of it.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

As every generation of shitheads dies off the next generation is even more positive that pappy jesus is showing up anytime now.  They'll never let it go.

Reminds me of....

[Image: 60451607.jpg]
(February 17, 2017 at 9:40 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: One really wonders how long this can go on. Will there come a day when Christianity revises this claim, or will it simply let it go? Will they be eagerly awaiting him in the year 3000? If so, what about five thousand years from now? Ten thousand years?

I'm waiting as long as it takes.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sinning, as Jesus and the church say, is good. Turn or burn Christians. Greatest I am 71 5222 October 20, 2020 at 9:11 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How do Christians imagine 2nd coming of Jesus? Fake Messiah 39 3572 September 15, 2020 at 11:01 am
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 7591 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
  How long did Jesus spend in Hell? Gawdzilla Sama 43 6902 February 5, 2018 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
Exclamation Christianity is Dead, Long live the rEvolution! Bow Before Zeus 77 14490 December 26, 2017 at 2:59 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Christians, what is it like to have a personal relationship with Jesus? GrandizerII 95 8954 July 16, 2016 at 1:43 pm
  Christians, would you have saved Jesus, if you had he chance? Simon Moon 294 33908 July 2, 2016 at 11:23 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Why do Christians believe in the Resurrection of Jesus but not alien abductions? Jehanne 72 11488 June 27, 2016 at 1:54 am
Last Post: Redbeard The Pink
  How long was the rape scandal going on? Nihilist Virus 11 2732 June 13, 2016 at 8:26 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Why do Christians become Christians? SteveII 168 30529 May 20, 2016 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy