Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 8:44 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DAWN finds organic materials on dwarf planet Ceres!
DAWN finds organic materials on dwarf planet Ceres!
They think that it came from inside the dwarf planet because of the composition of the material in the area. Very exciting!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=migIrDHpWB8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsS8FMPx8jQ
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

RE: DAWN finds organic materials on dwarf planet Ceres!
See also Min's thread: http://atheistforums.org/thread-47802.html

They have found similar compound substrates in meteors years previously.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Meteorites. Not meteors.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(February 18, 2017 at 3:06 pm)Stimbo Wrote: Meteorites. Not meteors.

There is a difference?
All the difference in the world.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Impact. much harder to identify complex chemicals whilst the rock is still burning through the upper atmosphere.
Quote:I don't understand why you'd come to a discussion forum, and then proceed to reap from visibility any voice that disagrees with you. If you're going to do that, why not just sit in front of a mirror and pat yourself on the back continuously?
-Esquilax

Evolution - Adapt or be eaten.
(February 18, 2017 at 6:22 pm)mh.brewer Wrote:
(February 18, 2017 at 3:06 pm)Stimbo Wrote: Meteorites. Not meteors.

There is a difference?

A meteor is a meteoroid that is burning in the earth's atmosphere. A meteorite is meteoroid that is done being a meteor without being totally consumed.
A meteor is the flash of light emitted by (usually) cometary dust burning up in the atmosphere.

A meteorite is a stony or metallic impactor of asteroidal or planetary origin.

The two are not interchangeable.
Either I'm messing with you or I'm really stupid. Your call. Meteor was my brain fart. Not all are metal or stone. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbonaceous_chondrite
I didn't think they liked to be called "dwarf planets" planets anymore? I think they like "little bodies" now.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sun Bond, Planet Up..... Brian37 0 324 December 3, 2018 at 8:32 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Seven temperate terrestrial planets around the nearby ultracool dwarf star TRAPPIST-1 pocaracas 52 7162 February 25, 2017 at 1:26 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Earth-Like Planet around Proxima? Alex K 30 4373 August 14, 2016 at 4:13 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Old bible or quran finds important? Not as important as this The Valkyrie 10 1531 June 1, 2016 at 1:24 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Scientific arguments for eating Organic/non-GMO food? CapnAwesome 15 4136 June 10, 2015 at 6:49 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  Your memory rewrites the past and edits it with new experiences, study finds Gooders1002 6 2178 March 22, 2014 at 9:04 pm
Last Post: tor
  NASA telescope finds planet in habitible zone Doubting Thomas 15 6125 December 6, 2011 at 7:48 pm
Last Post: Norfolk And Chance
  Science will surely destroy the planet lucent 98 22606 November 5, 2011 at 9:06 pm
Last Post: Napoléon
  Red dwarf flares may threaten alien life Welsh cake 4 1867 January 21, 2011 at 8:48 am
Last Post: Justtristo