Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 1:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A russian atheist becomes 'unlocked'
A russian atheist becomes 'unlocked'
I was jew for many years, until I find atheism.

I have Russian origin, but I am currently not in Russia.

I recently find something called 'athenism'.

I eventually become 'unlocked'.

I am fan of Lawrence Krauss.

I read an article called 'Faith And Foolishness: When Religious Beliefs Become dangerous', by lawrence krauss. 

I remember being spammed by a person on athene's "click" discord, about something called "non-beliefism".

I ignored non-beliefism, but thought about it for a few weeks, maybe because krauss article.

It made some sense in my opinion; I notice that even small religious beliefs are sometimes problematic. 

If it wasn't for lawrence krauss' article, I would entirely ignore 'non-beliefism' spam at athene's discord.

Got to thinking that beliefs itself was pressing problem; one of the foundation non-beliefism said "belief may contain non-science". My wife does physics, and so I sometimes up to date in little ways about physics. So that line struck me. 

Took me 3 weeks to finally see 'non-beliefism' as not nonsense.

Now, I am "unlocked" (term in non-beliefism).

Maybe post links when 30/30 rule is done.
RE: A russian atheist becomes 'unlocked'
Welcome to AF, sir.  I hope you enjoy your time here.  Live long and prosper.

(February 18, 2017 at 5:17 pm)Kernel Sohcahtoa Wrote: Welcome to AF, sir.  I hope you enjoy your time here.  Live long and prosper.

Thanksies.
But, how did you know I am a "sir"?
How's it hanging, Jordan?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(February 18, 2017 at 5:21 pm)Alex K Wrote: How's it hanging, Jordan?

Exactly my thoughts
(February 18, 2017 at 5:21 pm)Alex K Wrote: How's it hanging, Jordan?
The name is "cosmodrome".
Good plan.

Step 1) Think of a Russian word.
Step 2) Self deprecate your own idea to throw them off. (They'll never suspect!)
Step 3) Sign up to AF.org again using aforementioned Russian word, no one will recognize me!
Step 4) Try as hard as I can to not say "betwixt."
Step 5) Don't worry about albeit, everybody uses that one. (I'll fit right in!)
Step 6) Profit.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(February 18, 2017 at 5:25 pm)cosmodrome Wrote:
(February 18, 2017 at 5:21 pm)Alex K Wrote: How's it hanging, Jordan?
The name is "cosmodrome".
Whatever Smile
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

He seemed like he knew that he would get detected and rebanned.  What is the point?  I suppose that if I got kicked-off this board I would simply find another board to post on; what is the point of coming back if you're not wanted???
Threads started by a banned person are stupid.

With the exception of the hall of wit and epicness. But the banned guy was still a fucktard bit it's still a good thread.