Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 6:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would change your mind?
What would change your mind?
I hope this is the right place to post this and I wonder if the subject has been broached before.  What could God do to prove his existence?  Everyone runs around saying, I can't see him, so sorry.  If you asked a christian, they'd say the bible proves his existence.  Forget that.  What sort of things would he have to do to prove it.  Show his face from the heavens?  Flood the earth?  End all suffering?  What could make you change your mind?
RE: What would change your mind?
I don't know. All I know is that there isn't anything convincing yet. If there is an all-powerful and/or all-knowing god out there, I'm sure it would know how to change my mind. Either it doesn't exist or it doesn't care too much about my beliefs.
This has been asked a whole bunch of times before, so a search on the forum will turn up lots of results from people before. Also we like it when new people introduce themselves.

But how about this: If I was walking outside, and rays of light appeared before me, and a man descended from the sky, and said, "hey buddy, I'm Jesus" and told me intimate details about my life and said "yeah, it is all real... I know, I know, lots of rules and such, but, trust me, it's for the best" and then he walked out into the middle of a lake and made the lake wine and then rose into the sky again, I would honestly believe. My three options would be 1) it's real, 2) it's something else like aliens or mind control, or 3) I'm totally out of my mind, and I figure in that instance 1 would be just as likely as 2, and if it was 3 and I *was* totally out of my mind, I would be so crazy as to not realize it, and I'd still go with #1.
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
How in the world do you put such a complicated question into a search query?
I think people on this forum are tired of being asked this question over and over so it might result in a lack of replies.

I'll make a fresh reply even though I'm sure I've answered the question a few times now.

For me it wouldn't be as simple as believing or not believing because of one thing or another.

There are things that make me think about the existence of a god, the possibility of it. There's nothing so far I've seen that makes me think any of the main stream religions are right.

Because I've not seen anything that remotely makes me think there's anything to mainstream religions there's never been much point in thinking about god.

I don't believe if there's a God he wants me to do what other people say he wants me to do, if he exists fine, if not fine. I just get on with it.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Wow, this makes me sad. I really thought I had something original.
Don't be sad, little one.

I'll let Jesus come inside me if he let's me cum inside him first.
Cunt
As I noted in reply to BSB4's post, $14.5 million.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Since I was once an atheist I will say that looking for evidence in nature will never suffice. The evidence for God is about nature not within it.
Show up in person, perform a supernatural miracle that is open to investigation and do it more than once.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Climate change crisis and God's wrath Eclectic 4 515 August 26, 2022 at 10:09 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Why did I (an atheist) legally change my name to "God"? GodBennett 33 3294 July 17, 2020 at 5:49 am
Last Post: Porcupine
  Why did I (an atheist) change my name legally to "God"? GodBennett 0 3267 July 4, 2020 at 10:13 am
Last Post: GodBennett
  Atheists: What if Trump addressed your issues in America. Would you vote for him? Sanau 38 4437 March 30, 2020 at 8:15 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  brainwashing & mind control techniques purplepurpose 6 1712 November 24, 2017 at 10:14 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Changing ones mind about a subject Sal 23 2615 November 21, 2017 at 11:52 am
Last Post: Shell B
  Religion is fluff but the Doctrines are solid. Keep mind open. RonaldMcRaygun 12 2301 March 31, 2017 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  The bible teaches that there is no immortal soul and that death is the end MIND BLOWN LetThereBeNoGod 4 1739 February 16, 2017 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Matt Dilahunty On What Would Change His Mind About God Edwardo Piet 14 5088 January 29, 2017 at 1:12 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  A real mind-boggling mirracle! mcolafson 12 2289 September 22, 2016 at 1:56 am
Last Post: Minimalist